80+ coaches in a long row, slowly driving along towards the SOL, full of mags

I am giving people excuses, of course it’ll happen. The club has irrevocably heightened the tension to the point where there’ll be 100’s up for doing it. If they had a small allocation then they probably wouldn’t as much. It’s just a fact and I apologise if that’s not particularly moral or correct. When it happens, I’ll bear no anger towards those doing it, just complete disdain for the club who have naively encouraged it.
If there's a replay and our buses are attacked will you bear no anger to the mags that do it?

Once the coaches drop off they could be directed to park over near the university for example

Then brought back to pick up fans after the area has been cleared of home supporters

Do we really have to get so melodramatic about this? And please less nonsense about bricks being thrown at coaches - somebody could get killed
Aye the university or Riverside business park area will have plenty room that day for a load of empty buses, then an easy route back to the stadium to pick skunks up. They aren’t going to park them all outside the ground.

Melodramatic? What, about the coaches? I was merely asking where they were going to park as I’ve seen Mini Coopers causing chaos on the Sheepfolds on match days.
Agree the car parking situation at matches is ridiculous and only a matter of time before someone gets hurt

But this is different - you have two sets of passionate fans ..

Yet quite a lot of my adult life away fans have been banned from local derbies

I think that does nowt for the atmosphere AND is an appalling advert for the north east region- people down south will just sneer and say they cant even be trusted to watch a football match

I’m not underestimating the risk of trouble - there are idiots on both sides… I know having seen them up close over many years - but this is doable with enough organisation

I’ll be there making my views about black & whites crystal clear from the stand but am also clear there is absolutely no justification for cowardly attacks such as bricking coaches

Agree the car parking situation at matches is ridiculous and only a matter of time before someone gets hurt

I think that does nowt for the atmosphere AND is an appalling advert for the north east region- people down south will just sneer and say they cant even be trusted to watch a football match

I’m not underestimating the risk of trouble - there are idiots on both sides… I know having seen them up close over many years - but this is doable with enough organisation

I’ll be there making my views about black & whites crystal clear from the stand but am also clear there is absolutely no justification for cowardly attacks such as bricking coaches
People down South? Are you aware of what happens at games between local rivals in the South of the country?
West Ham v Millwall
West Ham v Spurs
Chelsea v Spurs
Spurs v Chelsea
Spurs c Arsenal
Watford v Luton
Brighton v Palace
Pompey v Southampton

Etc etc

Look we need to start drawing some sensible lines here

Travelled to Sid James on a coach to the play off semi we won 2-0

Despite their pitch invasion, no idiot threw bricks at our coaches

So the police need to organise a route for their coaches to the ground that can be policed to keep any idiot with a brick well out of range

At the end of the day it is just a match - I dont like them and was ower the moon on Magxit day BUT we can and will stop a long, long, way short of potentially lethal bricking coaches
They tried to derail the train home though

People down South? Are you aware of what happens at games between local rivals in the South of the country?
West Ham v Millwall
West Ham v Spurs
Chelsea v Spurs
Spurs v Chelsea
Spurs c Arsenal
Watford v Luton
Brighton v Palace
Pompey v Southampton

Etc etc
Yep - but how many of these games have had bans on away fans running for decades?

Thats before we get on to Horse Bothering 😉

Also Watford v Luton - not sure any animals involved in that one you know

Last edited:

Only had an away fan ban once . Talking nonsense.
They did, I was on it. They threw a concrete slab on the line
I was on it too , only added to the fun and drama of the night .

Last edited:
We had one for a single season. Millwall at Luton led to the draconian measures we had in this country for years
That was just Millwall nutcases on the loose - nothing to do with Luton

Even when we have not had outright bans we have had massively restricted away followings

There is no reason why we cant give the Mags 15% or so - and I would expect the same in reverse FA Cup fixtures in the future

If they would get their fingers out and sort a net at the away end we could also have more away fans eg for the Boro and Leeds matches

That was just Millwall nutcases on the loose - nothing to do with Luton

Even when we have not had outright bans we have had massively restricted away followings

There is no reason why we cant give the Mags 15% or so - and I would expect the same in reverse FA Cup fixtures in the future

If they would get their fingers out and sort a net at the away end we could also have more away fans eg for the Boro and Leeds matches
So, what was your point regarding people in the South having a bad view of us? It makes no sense

Every pre fa cup draw everyone was hoping we’d draw the mags

this is the worst case scenario now
It was only a few in reality because most fans with half a brain would realise that it's a terrible draw especially as there's a good chance we' could absolutely thumped. Mind you if we could pull it off they'd be slaughtering their players and the great unwashed would disappeari back into their rat holes.

My guess is they’ll go in batches rather than one convoy, and after dropping off fans outside the north stand, empty buses will drive off to another location to park up, leaving room for the latter buses who will use up the space there is on that road behind the north stand and the black tarmac path. Then after the game the skunks will be kept back until the area clears then buses will be filled and the ones that parked elsewhere will head back over as well to get the rest.
Buses leaving from 9am until, i believe, the last at 11am.

So, what was your point regarding people in the South having a bad view of us? It makes no sense
Well i would say that after spending 40 years down south very, very few people make any distinction between people from Sunderland or Newcastle

We are either Norferners or Geordies and it always comes as a shock to them when you have to explain that you have become a passionate supporter of AC Milan for the evening

But also what can come with it are bigoted opinions that we get drunk, watch football then start fighting - which justifies large scale economic neglect of an entire region

So lets not play up to that - by all means go nuts at the match but there is no reason the risks created by a violent minority on either side cant be controlled and the match pass off without anyone being seriously injured or killed

There is NO justification for bricking coaches etc and people who do it should expect a long prison sentence

What could go wrong..

🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱

How on earth could that be policed??

What does happen is on the club, how could they possibly think was even in the slightest bit safe!?!?

Never been this astounded at the naivety of those in charge in my entire life. Genuinely blown away by the absolute stupidity of it all. f***ing idiots, honestly. Madness
Charge of the stadium of light brigade
Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward, All in the valley of Death Rode the six thousand.
“Forward, the Light Brigade! “Charge for the guns!” he said: Into the valley of Death Rode the six thousand.
I’ve no idea where all of those coaches are going to park, mind. Are they knocking the Aquatic Centre and Beacon of Light down?
Theyll close the main car park
It’s a jaudi howaybia takeover

Last edited:

Back