500px.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDMaCKeM

Midfield
Anyone on here use it for hosting pics? Was pointed to it on another forum thought I'd give it a try, I like the "clean look" it has and voting on peoples photos.
My stuff is here http://500px.com/bobsmith see what you think, If you sign up follow me and I'll follow back :)

Thanks.
You wouldnt believe you could get a picture like that down there!
Think It was one of the first I took with a 10 stop filter rather than a welding glass. Didnt do much shopping on it either for the colours

It is a superb photo that mind, very nice indeed. I have signed up for 500 px just need to put some photos on there now.

Signed up, put a couple of pics and have followed the OP. It's a nice looking site.

Last edited by a moderator:
There an option to go "awesome" for extra features including selling prints, using the code "friends" brings the price down to £25. I havent yet, Ive seen the competition on there and its very good!

500px = flickr killer?

Anyone else signed up for it? Makes Flickr look like the photo equivalent of myspace. They need to implement a few things to fully compete with flickr, like groups, discussions etc. but it really is nice.

I've moved my portfolio website onto it too. If you sign up, add your details below and I'll add you. Mine is -

http://500px.com/davidjohnharris

That'll teach me not to search the forums before kicking off a new thread !

Re: 500px = flickr killer?

Anyone else signed up for it? Makes Flickr look like the photo equivalent of myspace. They need to implement a few things to fully compete with flickr, like groups, discussions etc. but it really is nice.

I've moved my portfolio website onto it too. If you sign up, add your details below and I'll add you. Mine is -

http://500px.com/davidjohnharris

That'll teach me not to search the forums before kicking off a new thread !

I completely forgot that I'd signed up for this...and I'd forgotten how nice it is. I've given you a follow.

:) Might have to give it a go. Is there a means of embedding slideshows from it into sites like Flickr?

not yet, but the dev's are constantly working on it, and stuff like that is likely to come. They seem really keen, and enthusiastic.. I don't think Flickr has added anything interesting or new in the last 5 years!

not yet, but the dev's are constantly working on it, and stuff like that is likely to come. They seem really keen, and enthusiastic.. I don't think Flickr has added anything interesting or new in the last 5 years!

black(ish) backgrounds - lightbox and larger thumbnails for veiwing contacts uploads, WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, haha:roll::-D

Looks class like - I've signed up. Will post some pics once I get me head round it.

Has anybody signed up to the non-standard account? where you have to pay?

Add me to your 500px = http://500px.com/maximust

I'm not very good but still learning all the ropes

aye, I paid up - and used the code 'friends' to get 10% off. Works out at £25 a go. It lifts the upload limit, and lets you have a domain name pointed at your portfolio. Just click upgrade or something.

Some nice stuff on yours like.

aye, I paid up - and used the code 'friends' to get 10% off. Works out at £25 a go. It lifts the upload limit, and lets you have a domain name pointed at your portfolio. Just click upgrade or something.

Some nice stuff on yours like.

Likewise mate, I will sign up to top one tomorrow, thanks for the code bud.

Feel free to like them and ill check yours out again tomorrow. :)

500px is a lot better than Flickr

Just had a couple of emails from 500px and one from Fotomoto, who run the print sales section of 500px.

It seems that from midnight, 500px will not be running the fotomoto shop from the site. Seems like it's been an acrimonious split too -

From 500px via email -
One of the most requested changes is coming very soon — we are completely redesigning and redeveloping the photo store experience on 500px. The current 500px photo stores, provided by our partner Fotomoto, are not ideal. Its platform, although powerful and feature rich, does not quite satisfy our high demands for quality of the user experience. So, we will not extend our contact with Fotomoto, and they will end supporting stores on 500px on September 27, 2011.

and then an hour later from fotomoto
As you may already know, Fotomoto is going to stop providing service to 500px platform at the end of today. Unfortunately 500px didn't meet their business and technical commitments. After several unsuccessful attempts and unanswered emails to solve their issues, we had to send them a notice last week informing them that we are terminating our contract with 500px (which is a slightly different from what they mentioned in their email).

and on the 500px twitter account....

@skiphunt fotomoto put an ultimatum in front of us, we declined, they stopped supporting our stored effective today. That's the story.

Hope it's not a case of 500px not paying the bills and going down the bog. I've just upgraded my account :evil::evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back