5 subs rule

What a joke. Slows the game right down. Could be up to 10 interruptions. Should have been kept at 3. Also messes up your anytime goalscorer/booking bet etc as there'll be a reluctance to pick a player if he's got a 50% chance of being subbed

What a joke. Slows the game right down. Could be up to 10 interruptions. Should have been kept at 3. Also messes up your anytime goalscorer/booking bet etc as there'll be a reluctance to pick a player if he's got a 50% chance of being subbed
The players have played almost two seasons consecutively (Often playing more than 60 games a season), they’re playing in trmendous heat in some cases and we’ve just seen a player nearly die on the pitch

I’m comfortable with the 5

Isn't it in for good now though?
Not sure

Don’t really mind if it is anyway.

The health of footballers is a bit of a hot topic with Ericksen, the dementia stuff and the concussion issues (see Pavard - he should have gone off when he was knocked out)

If it helps the health of the players it’s not a bad thing in my eyes

Makes absolutely no odds really as they rarely all get used. Not sure if it’s the same in all competitions but in league one you could only make the 5 subs across 3 different intervals to avoid time wasting.

The same amount of interruptions as when there were only three subs allowed, so it doesn't really affect anything on that front.

I don't see the issue really.

There's only 3 times you can sub the 5 on though. So no more stoppages than when 3 subs allowed
But isn't that the beauty of the game we love. You get by on the 3. You can change half the team now. Yes ok 3 interruptions per team, that's 6 in total, 2 subs at a time in 2 of those interruptions. One is lying on the floor pretending he has cramp, the other slowly walks off. Not for me. I'm out.

But isn't that the beauty of the game we love. You get by on the 3. You can change half the team now. Yes ok 3 interruptions per team, that's 6 in total, 2 subs at a time in 2 of those interruptions. One is lying on the floor pretending he has cramp, the other slowly walks off. Not for me. I'm out.
They have to walk off at the closest side of the pitch anyway so that isn’t any worse than with 3 subs either.

Back