4th test Manchester

Bairstow a f***ing con. Shite with the gloves, fuck all with the bat. Should be dropped.
Was poor with the bat and gloves last test, by all means back him to come good with the bat since he started with a good knock, but 3 tests in and his keeping is getting worse.
Aggers column on BBC was having a right go at him for not going for the Brook catch, said his confidence is shot keeping

All Black mentality: Once an All Black, always an All Black.

Once you're in, it's harder to get out of the squad. If we can replicate their success, then I'm on borard.

Not true that though is it? He's going through a bit of a rough patch but he has 12 test 100s and averages 37.

The Tests against NZ he was brilliant and also scored 2 x 100's against India before this Ashes.
howd he get on in the last ashes at home? all good and well getting scores against lesser sides but needs to do it when it matters. 3 tests in. no significant score and lots of dropped catches.

however, to go with your theory, play him as a bat exclusively and give the gloves to foakes.

Was poor with the bat and gloves last test, by all means back him to come good with the bat since he started with a good knock, but 3 tests in and his keeping is getting worse.
Aggers column on BBC was having a right go at him for not going for the Brook catch, said his confidence is shot keeping
That Brook catch was the big worry for me. It's one thing dropping catches but if his confidence is so low he's not even going for catches that are his it's a big problem.

Well it’s a comparison
I know, whether we like it or not the England management have made a decision and are sticking with it, like they have with the rest of the team through thick and thin. They must believe it is the best / most balanced squad they can pick. I may be wrong but Foakes has never really nailed the keepers job for England, not only with this particular set up, why, what do they see the others don't?

howd he get on in the last ashes at home? all good and well getting scores against lesser sides but needs to do it when it matters. 3 tests in. no significant score and lots of dropped catches.

however, to go with your theory, play him as a bat exclusively and give the gloves to foakes.
I don't disagree with playing Foakes and him now Pope is injured.

I just don't think we should be bombing him out the side completely when there is no real clear replacement, now that Pope is injured I would go with Bairstow as a batsman and give Foakes the gloves.

Back