3rd Division - Pikey Chav City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Boy Harry

Striker
I said at the beginning of the season that there were 2 things that these chav clubs in the third division would be looking to do:

1. Do as well as they could themselves, and
2. Make sure that we dont go up

As the season has gone on I've become even more cemented in my views.

What has also become increasingly clear is that these clubs have a load of low life chavs supporting them and maybe it just goes with the territory. The shitter you are and the lower you go, the lower the standard of everything - support, grounds, players et al. The clubs seem to attract all of the dross from the surrounding area.

I've been around the block a few times, in more ways than one :) but even I'm taken aback at the inability of these clubs to cope with say coming to the SOL. Its just ridiculous. Its like looking after excitable kids. The f***ing bile and shite thrown our way is slightly disturbing and a bit comical.

You would think that were coming to the Maracana to play Brazil or entertaining Man United when we go away.

I'm sure it wasn't like this last time we were here.

Thoughts on this league? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I think that’s a little unfair on a number of clubs in the league we are in. Smaller clubs with smaller revenue and facilities doesn’t always breed bellends. Yes some of the standards are poor, including some of the football, but for a great many of these clubs it’s the good fans that keep going week in and week out, it’s these people that keep these little grounds going. I’ve a lot of respect for the likes of Burton who weren’t formed 100 plus years ago and who’s support in essence are made of people from that area. And sadly for many of these clubs their catchment area is probably made of of fans who already follow the likes of Man United etc

Think it’s a small club issue. These clubs just don’t have the same number of hardcore fans that those in the PL and Championship do. If we sold 3,500 tickets to big clubs, you’d expect most of those who’d come would be week in week out types, because most of those teams average 25k/30k+

Yesterday, Coventry had an allocation that was about a third of their average home attendance this season. The problem with that is that it inevitably means a lot of tickets fall into the hands of day trippers who fancy coming to Sunderland because we’re the biggest club in the league. Nothing to back this up like, but I’d love to know how many of their fans who were acting hard men throwing bottles at kids have actually been to more than 1 away game this season.

To be fair, it’s not an issue we’ve had with most, but there’s been a couple of the ‘bigger’ clubs who've caused bother.

Last edited:
I said at the beginning of the season that there were 2 things that these chav clubs in the third division would be looking to do:

1. Do as well as they could themselves, and
2. Make sure that we dont go up

As the season has gone on I've become even more cemented in my views.

What has also become increasingly clear is that these clubs have a load of low life chavs supporting them and maybe it just goes with the territory. The shitter you are and the lower you go, the lower the standard of everything - support, grounds, players et al.

I've been around the block a few times, in more ways than one :) but even I'm taken aback at the inability of these clubs to cope with say coming to the SOL. Its just ridiculous. Its like looking after excitable kids. The f***ing bile and shite thrown our way is slightly disturbing and a bit comical.

You would think that were coming to the Maracana to play Brazil or entertaining Man United when we go away.

I'm sure it wasn't like this last time we were here.

Thoughts on this pikey league? :lol:

Never - I've always had you down as someone who listens, who is always open to the views of others and is an extremely open minded individual. I would never have you down as being cemented in your views ;)

I agree with some of your points but we have had some really good fans come up here as well as the likes of Scunthorpe and Coventry who have been awful. Many teams have played above themselves when they have come up here but we just make it easy for teams. We aren't a particularly good side, we don't stop the opposition playing when they come here and they know when they come here we will let teams knock it around. At times I wonder how we are still in with a shout tbh.

I think that’s a little unfair on a number of clubs in the league we are in. Smaller clubs with smaller revenue and facilities doesn’t always breed bellends. Yes some of the standards are poor, including some of the football, but for a great many of these clubs it’s the good fans that keep going week in and week out, it’s these people that keep these little grounds going. I’ve a lot of respect for the likes of Burton who weren’t formed 100 plus years ago and who’s support in essence are made of people from that area. And sadly for many of these clubs their catchment area is probably made of of fans who already follow the likes of Man United etc
Whilst they are fair comments the bile and shite thrown our way this season has been from a load of bitter bastards who have come to our place and frankly should have been locked up for their own safety. they cannot cope with playing Sunderland either home or away. Maybe I just didnt realise how lowly some of these clubs are but boy do they attract the low life pikeys from the surrounding areas. We should give them paper nags so they dont hyper ventilate.

Dont like the division at all and cannit bide some of the support that these clubs attract. You would have thought that Portsmouth would have been slightly above all of this but theyre one of the worst culprits.

As I say its like entertaining excitable kids, particularly when they come up here.

Now, constantly involved in racist incidents - stopping black people getting on a train, calling Salah a terrorist etc. They arent a small club with chavvy fans, they are league winners.

That's fair enough but they're nothing like they were back in the day. They appear to attract a load of half-breed wankers from Kent, in my experience.

Now, constantly involved in racist incidents - stopping black people getting on a train, calling Salah a terrorist etc. They arent a small club with chavvy fans, they are league winners.
Chalsea, Millwall and West Ham plus one or two others have been at the forefront of shite behaviour for decades. They are in a "class" of their own. Not sure mind I can recall the last time CFC came up to Sunderland and acted like a load pikeys on a day trip out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back