3rd Ashes Test - Headingley

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second viewing, I can understand that decision by Wilson (Stokes LBW). In real time there was a very short space between the ball pitching and it hitting the pad, and on the angle I don't think he could give that out. Hawkeye attributed some kind of weird inswing to it after impact as well which I'm not sure was quite right.

Less understandable was Paine's decision to review the one that pitched a foot outside leg. You have to think far more clearly than that at this level, I'm afraid.

And Lyon's drop...the definition of "choking". What a shame.

I think Hawkeye has been a bit suspect with a few decisions where the ball has been tracked differently to how it looked in real time. The odd wicket by Broad around the wicket for instance. Can't think who though off the top of my head but a couple have had me rewinding to look again, and raising an eyebrow.

I just listened to the TMS podcast and it had the full interview. He was absolutely gushing with praise mate. In the passage 20 seconds before the bit you highlight he described it as the best innings he had ever seen. I think you misunderstood him totally
He compared leech supporting BS to bradley supporting botham, “and Flintoff supporting me” :eek:

I can barely recall wtf he is on about. Bloke is an utter narcissist.

You have to think far more clearly than that at this level, I'm afraid.
I love it when a fan is this contemptuous of a professional sportsman who is captain of an international team. ;)
Jack Leach confirmed as getting free glasses for life :lol:

That umpire Shirley? :) Or a million pensioners.
5 Live Sports Extra are repeating the final hour throughout the day. Listening on the way to work just now.
I'm pleased I hit the big red "R" button and have the last 3 hours recorded.

Also, on Thursday when they had a doc about the 1981 game with Mike Brearley, and afterwards an amazing discussion about it involving Boycs.

Last edited:
Was really good that in both the World Cup and on Sunday in the crucial moments like Lyon dropping the ball and the ball coming of Stokes bat in the world Cup and going for overthrows that our team carried that bit of luck ,always important in top class sport that then moments go for you and was a nice pleasant change.

Long may that continue

Last edited:
Was really good that in both the World Cup and on Sunday in the crucial moments like Lyon dropping the ball and the ball coming of Stokes bat in the world Cup and going for overthrows that our team carried that bit of luck ,always important in top class sport that then moments go for you and was a nice pleasant change.

Long may that continue

Agreed. Id also say that the great work from Stokes meant the Aussies were under huge pressure, which attributed to the fumble. So in some way you also make/earn some of your own luck. Just look at the clusterfuck of the review that ultimately cost them, that too was clearly pressure getting to them so that they werent thinking straight and acted out of desperation.

Agreed. Id also say that the great work from Stokes meant the Aussies were under huge pressure, which attributed to the fumble. So in some way you also make/earn some of your own luck. Just look at the clusterfuck of the review that ultimately cost them, that too was clearly pressure getting to them so that they werent thinking straight and acted out of desperation.

Or yeah was just making the point that our national teams in both football and cricket haven’t carried the luck needed in them tight moments, what happened with Stokes and the overthrow in the World Cup final was once in a lifetime piece of luck and is great when you have talent and luck on your side.

Or yeah was just making the point that our national teams in both football and cricket haven’t carried the luck needed in them tight moments, what happened with Stokes and the overthrow in the World Cup final was once in a lifetime piece of luck and is great when you have talent and luck on your side.

Russian linesman?
Spain disallowed goal in 96?

What's Vaughan going on about re: the Lyon wicket that wasn't given.

"Wilson should have applied common sense and gave Stokes out to Lyon. England had a review left to check it, and they would've, then no one could've grumbled with the call".

So he's basically saying rather than judge he should've just given it, knowing Hawkeye would confirm either way, and it wouldn't have cost England a review had it been not out.

How's about umpires give people out if they think they are out, and don't if they don't?

Last edited:
What's Vaughan going on about re: the Lyon wicket that wasn't given.

"Wilson should have applied common sense and gave Stokes out to Lyon. England had a review left to check it, and they would've, then no one could've grumbled with the call".

So he's basically saying rather than judge he should've just given it, knowing Hawkeye would confirm either way, and it wouldn't have cost England a review had it been not out.

How's about umpires give people out if they think they are out, and don't if they don't?
Michael Vaughan talking an absolute pile of shite what a shock.

Man is a twatful pundit. Seems to go for the most bizarre controversial takes on the game.

If he wasn't a former England captain he'd not be given any air time. Can't believe how bad he's got, admired him as captain.

Man is a twatful pundit. Seems to go for the most bizarre controversial takes on the game.

If he wasn't a former England captain he'd not be given any air time. Can't believe how bad he's got, admired him as captain.
I agree he’s a complete let down as a pundit. He’s seems a totally different person to the former England captain. His comment on Wilson was rank stupid. He’s a shit umpire but he can only give what he sees.

He was chatting utter shite on TMS on Sunday to.

'The Yorkshire crowd sensed something was on today, they were all in their seats by 11 because they felt something was brewing'

I went on Friday and Saturday, and 98% of the crowd was in by 11. Absolute shite hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back