360 Deals

• Thread starter Hauser's-Helmet
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hauser's-Helmet

Any decent ones out there ?
Is it worth getting the new one or just buy a pre-owned?

Cheers.

Looked in game a couple weeks ago and they had the new 250gb, 1 controller and 3 games for £209. Games were: Mass Effect 2, Need for Speed (undercover or shift cannit remember) & the new Prince of Persia. Got red ring of death last month so having a look around myself at the moment. You can get the old model for like £100 and less though if your not interested in the new one.

Looked in game a couple weeks ago and they had the new 250gb, 1 controller and 3 games for £209. Games were: Mass Effect 2, Need for Speed (undercover or shift cannit remember) & the new Prince of Persia. Got red ring of death last month so having a look around myself at the moment. You can get the old model for like £100 and less though if your not interested in the new one.

Is the new one worth the extra you reckon ?

Cheers.

Well i used my old one mainly to stream movies / tv shows from my pc via a network cable from my router and having a 20 foot lead trailing through the house is quite annoying. The new one has built in wireless though and to buy a wireless adapter for the old model is gonna set you back £50-60 brand new.

Talking of watching movies and tv shows though the old model was quite loud too due to using multiple small fans where as the new one is using a single larger fan to cut noise down a little bit.

I've also read it's got built in hardware protection to try and stop RRoD's occuring where it will warn you its going to shutdown your console before you break it through overheating the mainboard.

So for me its worth the extra money like :cool:

Well i used my old one mainly to stream movies / tv shows from my pc via a network cable from my router and having a 20 foot lead trailing through the house is quite annoying. The new one has built in wireless though and to buy a wireless adapter for the old model is gonna set you back £50-60 brand new.

Talking of watching movies and tv shows though the old model was quite loud too due to using multiple small fans where as the new one is using a single larger fan to cut noise down a little bit.

I've also read it's got built in hardware protection to try and stop RRoD's occuring where it will warn you its going to shutdown your console before you break it through overheating the mainboard.

So for me its worth the extra money like :cool:

I use the PS3 to stream movies and I have LAN anyway, so probably for me its not worth the extra.
Cheers, I will have a look tomorrow in the Town and see what's on offer.

Got mine in March this year. Looked everywhere and the best deal for me was in Game/Gamestation. It was £200 for an elite with two games (different games depending on which store).

£149 for the new 4gb version in Gamestation which includes Need for Speed: Shift and FIFA 11.
Might gan for that then sell the games.

£149 for the new 4gb version in Gamestation which includes Need for Speed: Shift and FIFA 11.
Might gan for that then sell the games.

This is what I did, got £30 for FIFA11 and £5 for NFS from CEX.

Am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back