35 points from 16 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1lyBrown

Striker
would give us 80.
I reckon that would get us top 2.
11 wins without a goalscorer is going to be very hard

Wyke 4 in 20 league games is playing well according to PP. Does he truly believe that? If he does we have no chance.

We got 85 points last season & finished 5th. Granted there’s two less games this year, but I’m not sure 80 will get us anywhere near the top 2
That just shows how we have got worse under the current ownership.
The league this season doesn't have the same feel about it as they are all much of a muchness. Mediocrity abounds and we are just a mediocre side like the rest of them, with a glaring weakness. We haven't got a goalscorer and Wyke doesn't contribute goals or assists. He is awful.

That just shows how we have got worse under the current ownership.
The league this season doesn't have the same feel about it as they are all much of a muchness. Mediocrity abounds and we are just a mediocre side like the rest of them, with a glaring weakness. We haven't got a goalscorer and Wyke doesn't contribute goals or assists. He is awful.
I really want the lad to do well, but his first touch is awful, and when the ball comes to him at height it bounces off him and we lose the momentum very quickly.

maybe it’s time for him to have a spell on the sidelines with his injury as that’s the only way PP is going to leave him out of the team.

I really want the lad to do well, but his first touch is awful, and when the ball comes to him at height it bounces off him and we lose the momentum very quickly.

maybe it’s time for him to have a spell on the sidelines with his injury as that’s the only way PP is going to leave him out of the team.

Wonderful, there's a ready made non-scoring centre forward waiting in the wings to replace him.

Can't see us getting top 2 imo. Portsmouth, Rotherham and Pboro will fighting for automatic promotion. Play off best for us

Wonderful, there's a ready made non-scoring centre forward waiting in the wings to replace him.
That’s why we should of gone for Boyce, we shall see next week against Ipswich how Lafferty gets on as a lone striker, he had no service at all second half yesterday.

I reckon 81/82 points could get automatic promotion this season. As others have said the league is far more equal this season with no dominant side.

It’s a huge ask for us from here. We’ll need to win 11, draw 3 and lose only 2 of our remaining games to reach that total.

The one thing that might make the total lower is that there’s so many teams still potentially in with a chance of automatic promotion and as there’s no stand out side teams should be continually taking points off promotion rivals as we found to our cost yesterday.

We won’t be getting over 2 points a game for the rest of the season. Play offs at best for us. Not just centre forward that’s the problem, midfield is too defensive and not giving enough support to Wyke.

We got 85 points last season & finished 5th. Granted there’s two less games this year, but I’m not sure 80 will get us anywhere near the top 2

Teams aren't getting as many points as last season. They aren't as good this year round although if Pompey keep up their current form them and Rotherham will walk it

would give us 80.
I reckon that would get us top 2.
11 wins without a goalscorer is going to be very hard
We won’t get in the top 2 without a goal scorer.

ridiculous we are set here with grigg as our supposed goal machine mind and he’s been absolutely garbage.

We won’t be getting over 2 points a game for the rest of the season. Play offs at best for us. Not just centre forward that’s the problem, midfield is too defensive and not giving enough support to Wyke.

17 from our last 7 so our current form isn't too shabby. Most of those seven games were against top half teams as well, whereas most of our remaining games are against bottom half teams. It's not as bad as people are making out but we certainly need to play better than we did yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back