3 from Seaham Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

First time using the welding glass filter, not bad results considering the extortionate cost of 25p :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sure you haven't built one of those pin-hole cameras IHBB was on about the other day?

Decent shots mate, conditions have not really been at their best today either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent progress, although more fingernails need to be pulled out in the horizon compliance chamber

Cracking shots. Where did you get the glass from - I presume you just mounted it in a standard 85mm holder?

Anything the blower leaves, 99% IPA and pure cotton buds can fettle.

You need to look at white balance or get some warm up filters paws

Too much cyan going on in all your shots I've seen so far

Cracking shots. Where did you get the glass from - I presume you just mounted it in a standard 85mm holder?

Anything the blower leaves, 99% IPA and pure cotton buds can fettle.

Got them from a welding supply company in Sunderland,Got four at different gradients for 25p a pop.Spooky thing is they're cut to fit exact into a cokin filter holder. If you want the address give me a shout.
Cheers ;)

paws said:
Got them from a welding supply company in Sunderland,Got four at different gradients for 25p a pop.Spooky thing is they're cut to fit exact into a cokin filter holder. If you want the address give me a shout.
Cheers ;)

Yes please!

First one is an absolute crackerjack!

On a side note, it's worrying me that the first thing that I look for in a picture now is a level horizon. Only once I've verified that we're on an even keel can I move on and enjoy the photograph!

First one is an absolute crackerjack!

On a side note, it's worrying me that the first thing that I look for in a picture now is a level horizon. Only once I've verified that we're on an even keel can I move on and enjoy the photograph!

It's just a natural reaction like looking out for paedophiles when you take your kids down the park

Had a fiddle with this and enhanced the sky & landscape colour.
Looks better IMO.
Logon or register to see this image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks loads better then your original post, love the reds/oranges. You seem to have lost alittle of the busy sky with the warmer shade, The colder sky of the first image seems a load more interesting to me, although that may be just my eyes. A Graduated Filter in PP would fix that.

Have you added the vignette? it's really extreme in the bottom right.

Next couple of nights look like they could be interesting, cloud formation wise. May be worth getting out with your welding hood. :) (but then again the forcast looked canny for my sun rise this morning, and it rained :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back