25-1

Marko

Striker
The chances of Durham winning division 2. Despite our signings I'm still not over confident of our chances yet me Dad's mates are piling money on.

How confident are you?

Seems a fair price as we are a poor team and still another couple of batsmen short
Not to mention a captain.

No not confident. I think it will take one season of challenging and finishing top 5 before mounting a serious campaign in the following season - not scientific but as a rule of thumb.

Looks like the coach will be Franklin, I'll reserve judgement but good enough and there's no other I'd go for in particular. It's all so up in the air and difficult to predict. If Franklin settles in and so do both openers and also Burnham - I still think a middle of the table job.

The chances of Durham winning division 2. Despite our signings I'm still not over confident of our chances yet me Dad's mates are piling money on.

How confident are you?

I really fancied us last season, just blind faith and foolishly I thought we were better than we were - although it was very surprising how poor certain players were after decent performances in years gone by.

As for this season, I’d be interested to see the odds on simply being promoted - because I do feel like everyone will underestimate us once again. Not suggesting we’ll go up, but could be persuaded to stick 50p on it if the odds are decent ;)

I really fancied us last season, just blind faith and foolishly I thought we were better than we were - although it was very surprising how poor certain players were after decent performances in years gone by.

As for this season, I’d be interested to see the odds on simply being promoted - because I do feel like everyone will underestimate us once again. Not suggesting we’ll go up, but could be persuaded to stick 50p on it if the odds are decent ;)

I personally didn't want to sign Bancroft, I haven't liked his interviews recently either, just passing the buck and still bullshitting basically, but I do think he could do the job on the pitch, think he is going to be so motivated and dedicated.

Have we signed anyone else that I've missed?

Buzzing for the season like, going to do quite a few away trips this year. One of the few things I still love doing, sitting all day watching Durham, usually getting bowled out twice in a day mind.

I personally didn't want to sign Bancroft, I haven't liked his interviews recently either, just passing the buck and still bullshitting basically, but I do think he could do the job on the pitch, think he is going to be so motivated and dedicated.

Have we signed anyone else that I've missed?

Buzzing for the season like, going to do quite a few away trips this year. One of the few things I still love doing, sitting all day watching Durham, usually getting bowled out twice in a day mind.

Ben Raine is back after a few year away, and of course Jack Burnham is available after his ban and will hopefully kick on this year.

Need a big start in that first block of championship matches. Not sure who will score the runs.
I'd suggest the batsmen.

Sorry.

I'll get me coat. ;)

I'd suggest the batsmen.

Sorry.

I'll get me coat. ;)
Steel and Lees are good players with fair records behind them and the ability to do better than last year.
Burnham - we'll see but finger's crossed
Poynter did ok last time.
Harte scored 2 centuries - good going for someone with only 8 first class matches under his belt.
Bancroft - dunno, I'm a bit cynical about overseas with little/no England experience, so expecting pretty much nothing

We should have Trevaskis/Potts could can add a few runs.

And we have Raine, I don't know how he'll go in the CC.

A big problem last season was the complete loss of form of Collingwood which left a big empty space in the middle order - hopefully next season that hole is filled.

Last edited:
I'd suggest the batsmen.

Sorry.

I'll get me coat. ;)

Steel and Lees are good players with fair records behind them and the ability to do better than last year.
Burnham - we'll see but finger's crossed
Poynter did ok last time.
Harte scored 2 centuries - good going for someone with only 8 first class matches under his belt.
Bancroft - dunno, I'm a bit cynical about overseas with little/no England experience, so expecting pretty much nothing

We should have Trevaskis/Potts could can add a few runs.

And we have Raine, I don't know how he'll go in the CC.

A big problem last season was the complete loss of form of Collingwood which left a big empty space in the middle order - hopefully next season that hole is filled.

Think Bancroft got an Aussie call up on the back of some decent performances for Gloucestershire, i'm looking forward to seeing him I think he will be thankful of Durham giving him a chance and will be keen to prove himself

Back