2310's November Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
2310 Return posted this idea (quoted below), and I think it is a good idea so will give it a go this month. I would say keep it to the also runs that you have taken whilst aiming to get your monthly entry shot.
Secondly the competition could also be used to showcase any shots the board users take during the month irrespective of whether or not they meet the competition. That way – we can continue to see the great development of style, skill and creativity coming from the main users of the board. Clearly they wouldn’t be voted upon – but would give an opportunity for comment (if it was invited by the shooter) or simply admiration of the photo.

So post away below! ( I do appreciate we are nearly at the end of the month but I'll do the same next month too).

Good idea! Something completely different from me; a couple of shots from a amateur boxing night I was asked to shoot. Maybe we should have this thread in the photography discussion forum rather than monthly competition, that one seems to be visited more...

Logon or register to see this image

Good idea! Something completely different from me; a couple of shots from a amateur boxing night I was asked to shoot. Maybe we should have this thread in the photography discussion forum rather than monthly competition, that one seems to be visited more...

Relative of gussie sneaked into the 2nd one?

I was thinking more of "Reflections" pictures that people take through the month that you haven't entered, maybe an alternative to your entry or some that didn't make the grade or another take on the theme. That is why I posted it in the monthly photo comp area. But no reason why there can't be a Monthly Showcase on the main photography board! (for photos that are nothing to do with the comp).

What you shooting there steed? I done a boxing night a while ago and I think all they had for lighting was a 100w bulb above the ring - no flash allowed ringside, was a nightmare!!

Relative of gussie sneaked into the 2nd one?
Careful, he's trained to punch other men. Intellectuals like us shouldn't take the piss.[DOUBLEPOST=1385374005][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was thinking more of "Reflections" pictures that people take through the month that you haven't entered, maybe an alternative to your entry or some that didn't make the grade or another take on the theme. That is why I posted it in the monthly photo comp area. But no reason why there can't be a Monthly Showcase on the main photography board! (for photos that are nothing to do with the comp).
Oops![DOUBLEPOST=1385374114][/DOUBLEPOST]
What you shooting there steed? I done a boxing night a while ago and I think all they had for lighting was a 100w bulb above the ring - no flash allowed ringside, was a nightmare!!
Aye, very difficult. Used a canon 70-200mm at 2.8
ISO 5000

Dialled the exposure down a tad because I didn't mind the crowd being. Bit darker. Helped with shutter speed slightly.

Tough conditions though

we got it wrong again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back