2024 Cycling Thread

Laura Kenny as expected has announced her retirement...I sound like the Bot :rolleyes:

canny old career
I’d read a week or two ago she was struggling to hit the performance level needed for Paris, shame as she always struck me as someone who could always pull it out the bag on the day…. Hell of a career…

Think I’d read a daft stat after Tokyo that the Kenny household had more Gold medals than some countries…

Just looking at some old photos and the pic of my bike frame( for my self build "best" bike) is 6 years old :eek:

It's almost me thinking, while looking at all the headlines about surplus bike stock, whether to scratch and itch and buy a new bike...hmmmm

Just looking at some old photos and the pic of my bike frame( for my self build "best" bike) is 6 years old :eek:

It's almost me thinking, while looking at all the headlines about surplus bike stock, whether to scratch and itch and buy a new bike...hmmmm

It's a no brainer......should be a few bargains knocking about as well.

It's a no brainer......should be a few bargains knocking about as well.
There will be bargains and bike is 6 years old, but apart from the odd scratch it's still in really really good nick
Bit like triggers broom that it's had new wheels, saddle, pedals and even a front Di2 mech. Along with the more obvious consumable chains/cassettes
Also serviced regularly

Wife certainly needs to be looking at a new bike, slightly older with more damage and less looking after.
Can guarantee if she gets a nice new one I'll be chomping at the bit

There will be bargains and bike is 6 years old, but apart from the odd scratch it's still in really really good nick
Bit like triggers broom that it's had new wheels, saddle, pedals and even a front Di2 mech. Along with the more obvious consumable chains/cassettes
Also serviced regularly

Wife certainly needs to be looking at a new bike, slightly older with more damage and less looking after.
Can guarantee if she gets a nice new one I'll be chomping at the bit

My Dolan should be here in a couple of weeks ....hopefully in time for an audax on the 06th April...

just googled dolan gravel bikes, they have a carbon one for just under £2k... think i'll step away from this before the current mrs errant asks for a divorce...

I've ordered the adx titanium.....105 di2.....its a basic 105 if my Mrs ever asks ;)

I've gone down the cycle to work voucher route...

Last edited:
6 years? It's hardly been broken in. Wonder what @Al would say.
Since I built my current winter bike about 12 years ago it's had 2 frames, 2.5 sets of wheels, 2 cranksets, 2 front& rear mechs, 3 sets of brake calipers, 2 sets of shifters, 2 handlebars, 3 stems, 2 saddles, and maybe some other stuff. The only bits from the original build are one of the bottle cages and the seat post, and they were cannibalised off another old bike. It's more of a philosophical concept than a physical entity in it's own right I suppose, but I can't imagine I would ever want to replace it for a new one cos it's too nice a bike.

Back