2021 UK City Of Culture - Results Thread

Think it was today that the focus was on Swansea. We were on Tuesday

Are you a Sandy marra?
Born in Shields, live in Cleadon, lived in Sunderland, as said, but also with wife's parents in TEF for 6 months. Very supportive of the bid. Anything to get money in. But not always in agreement with some development decisions.
I worked in Sunderland for around 30 years.

Typical sunderland mentality, I make a joke and everyone wants me banned and calls me a wanker.

Loads of people pile in saying ‘there’s no point’ ‘we won’t win’ ‘we’re too similar to hull’ and no one says a thing.

We need to start thinking and acting more positive and have pride in the city, you don’t see the residents of Manchester slagging the place off!

We’re gonna win! Haway!

Typical sunderland mentality, I make a joke and everyone wants me banned and calls me a wanker.

Loads of people pile in saying ‘there’s no point’ ‘we won’t win’ ‘we’re too similar to hull’ and no one says a thing.

We need to start thinking and acting more positive and have pride in the city, you don’t see the residents of Manchester slagging the place off!

We’re gonna win! Haway!

#stillawanker

We’re gonna win! Haway!

We're already winners well done Sunderland bid team, you've given us the confidence to be proud of our city

I thought the City of Culture went to cities that were a bit backward Culturally and could do with the investment - Newcastle didn't win it because they were over-catered in the Arts etc I was told!

Back