2020 Domestic Schedule

The fixtures are usually released near the end of November each year.

However with this new format the rest of cricket has to work around it so it could end up being even later.

Never understood why a full fixture list can't be played in all competitions every round, save for a couple of weeks where tour games are held. Imagine that happening in football. The scheduling of a CC match in the T20 block is crackers. Wherever the Blast is played (and I'm an advocate of it being held as the marquee event at the end of the season), it should be free of other distractions. The CC should have games in June/July, running alongside tests.

Yep, a big part of me says it’s an intentional ploy by the ECB to financially harm the counties too.

Tbh this has been coming for a while as they really got the ball rolling in the 2018 season when there wasn't a home CC fixture from the ludicrous waste of time floodlight match against Warwicks at the end of June to the end of August (and this in the best summer since 1976) where three home fixtures were then crammed into the schedule.

I fear things will only get worse until the ECB finally end up with their aim of a 10 team County Championship.

Yeah happy that CC games back to falling over a weekend so means I can get to a few days during the season.

Noticed a few of our home 50 over games are Venue TBC. This due to the 100? Or are we looking at playing at other venues? SNCC have already got their game schedules v Lancs
I have not seen the schedule but that's good news about the counties agreeing to play championship cricket at weekends. Durham are one of the worst offenders as it works out cheaper not to play at weekends.

I have not seen the schedule but that's good news about the counties agreeing to play championship cricket at weekends. Durham are one of the worst offenders as it works out cheaper not to play at weekends.

Pain in the arse i haven't seen a proper fixture list, so just going by the little video's they've done on twitter

T20 - RL50 - CC -
Can download the fixtures to sync with device here - Sync to Calendar

One Day Cup games in the summer. Just sort out my annual leave now. Champion
Sussex and Glamorgan at home are over bank holiday weekends also
We play Lancashire at South North on Friday July 24th.
At least they are getting their arse in gear for members like you and about time they have been taking the Mickey the last few seasons Now it's up to others to turn up for a days cricket at weekends.

At least they are getting their arse in gear for members like you and about time they have been taking the Mickey the last few seasons Now it's up to others to turn up for a days cricket at weekends.
Yeah I've worked it out and this is a generous fixture list for me in terms of not having to use annual leave at work. The wife's nephew will be pleased as the one day cup is on during the summer holidays so I'll introduce him to that format of the game after enjoying the T20 last season. Again £20 for his membership is proving good value. Not sure how he will go with the red ball game, but plenty non school days to experience it which is good.

Noticed a few of our home 50 over games are Venue TBC. This due to the 100? Or are we looking at playing at other venues? SNCC have already got their game schedules v Lancs

There was a lot of rumours at the last home game (well the one day there was any play) about the possibility of all the home games in the downgraded 50 over competition being played on outgrounds.
There was a lot of rumours at the last home game (well the one day there was any play) about the possibility of all the home games in the downgraded 50 over competition being played on outgrounds.

Speaking of the 50 over competition-
Tues Aug 4 Durham vs Hampshire.:D

Last edited:

Back