2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Thinking about getting an indoor trainer so I can start going on Zwift, should I go for the tacx or the wahoo kickr?
Can't comment on the Tacx, but i picked up a Kickr Core and it's absolutely class. Simple easy to use and syncs up everytime no issues.

I've got a kickr, it's amazing.

I've pushed :lol:

looked nuts...watched a bloke go by and straight away thought not geared enough ( didn’t have much of a cassette on and already in big cog)
sure enough got off, whereas two women who looked strong and geared enough managed it.

good watching it mind

Best self adhesive patches?

Mare this morning with 2 flats.....replaced with new tubes and both went again within a mile. Spent ages checking the tyre and couldn't see anything anarl.
Tried fixing with self adhesive patch and the fuckers wouldn't take....probably down to the fact I've had them ages and not used.

Just realised it was Honister pass not hardknott...
Bad enough driving up Hardknott never mind trying to get over on a bike.
Thirty years ago I went over in a little fiesta and it only just got up after wheel spinning and clutch grinding on the bends.
Used to do it regular when I lived up there for a while.

Bad enough driving up Hardknott never mind trying to get over on a bike.
Thirty years ago I went over in a little fiesta and it only just got up after wheel spinning and clutch grinding on the bends.
Used to do it regular when I lived up there for a while.

me and a mate were the two cyclists watching...good game guessing push or not as they went past ;)

me and a mate were the two cyclists watching...good game guessing push or not as they went past ;)
it looks like a fun climb, especially lower down... drove up it in the summer to get to the slate mine to do the via ferrata.

i presume you got up no bother?

it looks like a fun climb, especially lower down... drove up it in the summer to get to the slate mine to do the via ferrata.

i presume you got up no bother?

We weren't cycling...lads piss up weekend so didn't take our bikes :lol: Struggled to stand most of the time never mind ride my bike :oops:
Would have got up...but would have wanted a compact and a decent cassette.
One side looked shorter but steeper, both with some nasty gradients mind.

Spectacular on a nice day ( which it was)

would anyone have any recommendations on manufacturer brands for wheel sets? nowt fancy mind, for a 10yo cyclocross thats just a commute\leisure bike.

back story... i was gifted some generic wheels (poss chinese knock-offs) earlier in the year for my spesh tricross after i was run over back in january which have been fine all year (best year for mileage thanks to lockdowns). think its time to refresh the old girl now that the summer is over...

Any recommendations (local) for a bike service ?
Only been out a few times but one of the gear shifters isn’t working properly , never had it serviced also and was 2nd hand road bike

Any recommendations (local) for a bike service ?
Only been out a few times but one of the gear shifters isn’t working properly , never had it serviced also and was 2nd hand road bike

Many say do your own but I use Cycleworld...Henning and Steve both spot on and think prices reasonable.
Loads of vids on YouTube if you can be arsed to give it a go

Back