**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just come back from turnberry and every man who plays golf needs to play the Ailsa. It's f***ing unbelievable.
I scored 32 points on the King Robert the Bruce course and 33 on the Ailsa. I was 3 under after 6 on the Ailsa but tired really badly and only come back with 12 points. A lad playing off 1 ended up with 41 points going around in 68.
Been to the hotel but never played it. It looks mint.

I'm looking forward to the British Masters next May just down the road at Hillside hosted by Tommy Fleetwood even though there is no title sponsor yet and it is scheduled the week before the USPGA.

I'm looking forward to the British Masters next May just down the road at Hillside hosted by Tommy Fleetwood even though there is no title sponsor yet and it is scheduled the week before the USPGA.
I love hillside like, I'd put it as the best English course I've played. There's some amazing tracks round there. Formby was a close second.

I love hillside like, I'd put it as the best English course I've played. There's some amazing tracks round there. Formby was a close second.
I've played them all round there now and West Lancs remains my firm favourite but that doesn't mean that the rest aren't anything other than top class.

Keep an eye out for prices mate I might have a dodge over for it cos i suspect Fleetwood will get a few decent names in.

Greg Normans letter on display at Hillside says it all about the back 9 holes. My reaction stood on the 10th tee was f***ing hell. Played it half a dozen times and never let down. Formby and West Lancs are brill but different courses. Done them all in the golf kingdom of England.

I fuckin hate golf, comfortably playing to 5/6 a few weeks ago, now I can’t get 30 bastard stableford points!

Handicap now 8 but playing like an 18.

I fuckin hate golf, comfortably playing to 5/6 a few weeks ago, now I can’t get 30 bastard stableford points!

Handicap now 8 but playing like an 18.
Too true - once you think you have it cracked it bites you on the arse - I can't stop hitting fat shots now and I have nee idea why:rolleyes:

Too true - once you think you have it cracked it bites you on the arse - I can't stop hitting fat shots now and I have nee idea why:rolleyes:
I’ve created a few shots I’ve never got previously!

You’re bang on about thinking you’ve cracked it. Membership renewal time and I’m thinking of just not bothering, it’s fuckin breaking me. :lol:

I’ve created a few shots I’ve never got previously!

You’re bang on about thinking you’ve cracked it. Membership renewal time and I’m thinking of just not bothering, it’s fuckin breaking me. :lol:
I later sharply a few weeks ago...no driver or 3 metal after 6th hole.

Violent hooks, where the fuck. Was using a 6iron rest of round. Nigh on perfect shots...ffs

Aye was flying around September 3 cuts in a row now I’m playing lifting two way misses with the big stick and shanks with wedges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back