2019 Fixtures out

Another game in Gosforth; Lancs in April. About time the bedwetters gave up complaining - clearly one of the most profitable days in Durham’s schedule when they pack out the hospitality there so not changing any time soon.

Always a good day anyway :cool:

So for the non travellers
2 games in April with the 1st game 11th Apr (brrr)
1 game in May, 2 games in June, 1 game in each of July and August and September with that last being on the 23rd.

Homes and Away Combined
2 games in April with the 1st being 5th April at Derbys (double brrr)
2 games May
4 games June
2 games July
1 game August
3 games September

Seems well spaced out, 7,8 games in the height of summer depending on how you define it. The biggest gap between games is just over a month in the Apr to May and in July to August.

As far as the CC home fixtures are concerned it's a bit more balanced than this season with that ludicrous gap between the waste of time 'floodlight' fixture against Warwicks commencing June 25 and the two day surrender against Northants commencing Aug 29.

Good to see Gloucestershire at The Riverside in a four day game for the first time in eons but...no home fixture against Lancashire! :eek:...Jennings and Onions will be gutted.:lol:

Can't see the weather being as superb as it was this season.:cry:

Certainly seems like they’ve engaged their brains this year when scheduling the fixtures. Should mean a good mix in terms of pitches and conditions.

As far as the CC home fixtures are concerned it's a bit more balanced than this season with that ludicrous gap between the waste of time 'floodlight' fixture against Warwicks commencing June 25 and the two day surrender against Northants commencing Aug 29.

Good to see Gloucestershire at The Riverside in a four day game for the first time in eons but...no home fixture against Lancashire! :eek:...Jennings and Onions will be gutted.:lol:

Can't see the weather being as superb as it was this season.:cry:

I think they’re pretty favourable in terms of a shot at promotion - only having to play Lancashire and Middlesex once who I’d guess will be near the top and no trip to Glamorgan or Gloucestershire - where we’ve struggled recently. Sussex twice is about the only downer, because on paper, them aside we SHOULD be looking to beat all opponents at CLS this year.

Last edited:
Sussex twice is about the only downer, because on paper, them aside we SHOULD be looking to beat all opponents at CLS this year.

The home form will be make or break for Durham this season as 2018 was abject.We won three (two of which we should have lost.....ironically Sussex was the only 'comfortable' win),were destroyed by Kent and Northants,comfortably beaten by Warwicks and capitulated against Middlesex.

Still...not long to go and the nights start get lighter in 25 days time!!:D

Not sure about Durham but good to see a decent amount of Sunday cricket across all comps for us club cricketers in Yorkshire who work Monday to Friday and play Saturday.

Couple of BH Monday home matches as well. Yours are probably shite mind and It's a case of FTECB favouring us again ;)

Last edited:
I like the format, playing the RL Cup groups in one go and having blocks of different formats (except for the unnecessary CC game at home to Leicestershire sandwiched in between T20 games). My gripe is why are we playing 3 consecutive home CC games 20.5 - 13.6 starting Mondays? Sunday starts will bring in the crowds (dads with kids and all the promo stuff we've talked about to achieve this). A further comment would be play the T20 a few weeks earlier, not clashing with summer holidays (I regularly miss 2/3/4).

Anyone heard where the Lancs game could be? Guessing its not Old Trafford with it being WC, so possible a nice outground trip. Liverpool be ideal!!

Anyone heard where the Lancs game could be? Guessing its not Old Trafford with it being WC, so possible a nice outground trip. Liverpool be ideal!!
Lancs website just says TBC ….. I vaguely recall reading something that it wouldn't be at Southport, but that may be a rubbish rumour.

Lancs website just says TBC ….. I vaguely recall reading something that it wouldn't be at Southport, but that may be a rubbish rumour.

Southport is canny but not many bright lights for the night. Blackpool would be ok, but Liverpool ideal. Not really sure where else it could go

Back