**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

I don't think the membership fee can be justified mate.

Wilson Staff 8802 Milled Putter - Clubhouse Golf

The link above, a thing of beauty?

I fell in love with that as well, but then I went and used an old school blade putter back in December for one round just for a bit of fun. It was so much harder to use. Basically killed off my desire for one other than to look nice on the wall.

My first time stepping on a course I was better than a 50 handicap. Hopefully most courses see sense and split it in divisions. What point reduction will a 50 handicap get per shot under handicap? Must be nearly a full shot. 8 or thereabouts.
I prefer medal comps anyway. When your getting 42 points and not being In the prizes it does your head in.
Miss the days I was getting 42 points though.

They have 54 handicaps here and basically it plummets down almost immediately after you play one round, even if you're not very good.

Last edited:
I fell in love with that as well, but then I went and used an old school blade putter back in December for one round just for a bit of fun. It was so much harder to use. Basically killed off my desire for one other than to look nice on the wall.

They have 54 handicaps here and basically it plummets down almost immediately after you play one round, even if you're not very good.

I can’t use anything other than blades. Simple just suits my eye more.

I can’t use anything other than blades. Simple just suits my eye more.

My eye prefers simple as well, but I need a bit more forgiveness (and a sight line) than you get in those proper old school style blade putters. I was using a classic John Letter Golden Goose. It was alright on the mat indoors, but as soon as I got on the course it was very quickly clear that it was too bloody hard for me to use. The Wilson 8802 would obviously be easier than that, but I was sufficiently deterred that I kept my money in my pocket for once.

Looks very like we'll be playing Sharpley tomorrow if the snow holds back. I need to get a game somewhere as I've got a works comp next week.

It’s been a fantastic tournament this.

Arnie’s place is pretty f***ing awesome. Rory playing well. TW playing well and looks to be improving. Golf is in a great place at the moment.

Oh and Rose each way surely must be a banker at Augusta??

I'm not watching but I noticed last Thursday that Justin rose was 40/1 which I thought was a great Ew bet for this

Also is tiger really back and worth putting money on again?

Arnie’s place is pretty f***ing awesome. Rory playing well. TW playing well and looks to be improving. Golf is in a great place at the moment.

Oh and Rose each way surely must be a banker at Augusta??
Aye, fancy Rose will there, thereabouts.

Great seeing TW’s comeback. Some of the old magic coming back!

Aye, fancy Rose will there, thereabouts.

Great seeing TW’s comeback. Some of the old magic coming back!

He is still brilliant with the putter. He’s the best putter ever for me and the best putter under pressure by a long way. Sneads record will be gone soon enough. Can’t see him beating Jack.

Back