**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

The time has come for me to get an electric trolley , sad but a fact.
What do members think are the best options?
Powacaddy, Motocaddy, etc , any others ?
It’s an investment given the prices so would appreciate your thoughts .
Have a look at powerbug trolleys, they are really good. They come with a five year warranty. The lithium battery they come with is tiny as well. They are really good and run dead quiet.

The time has come for me to get an electric trolley , sad but a fact.
What do members think are the best options?
Powacaddy, Motocaddy, etc , any others ?
It’s an investment given the prices so would appreciate your thoughts .
I bough a powakaddy fw7 as a 40th birthday treat to myself. Had it 2 month and the battery died. Powakaddy weren't interested as my contract was with the seller. I'm in Spain, and I purchased it from clubhouse golf online. Cost me €70 to post it back for them to tell me it was fucked. If I ever change, I'll go with motocaddy.

played first game in 2 year last week at ram side,
14 handicap , 6 points on a shocking front 9 and 19 point on the back 9,
Played Washington a week later and got 38 points ,
You’re definitely have to play regularly to get any good !

Wish I could play every week

played first game in 2 year last week at ram side,
14 handicap , 6 points on a shocking front 9 and 19 point on the back 9,
Played Washington a week later and got 38 points ,
You’re definitely have to play regularly to get any good !

Wish I could play every week

You definitely have to play regularly and get some practice in . That said, I think Ramside ( either course ) is a lot more difficult than the local club courses. I have a similar record there, needs getting used to too.

I hope that you got a lithium battery as it is well worth the extra money.

Yep , all sorted , took lots of good advice including some on the battery .

You definitely have to play regularly and get some practice in . That said, I think Ramside ( either course ) is a lot more difficult than the local club courses. I have a similar record there, needs getting used to too.

Yep , all sorted , took lots of good advice including some on the battery .

I was 3 off the tee about 5 times in that front 9 ,
sometimes hook the ball really bad ,
did it twice at Washington and got away with it ,

As you say ramsides different , punished every time

Had a few holes today, went double, bogey, double, par, double, birdie, birdie, birdie, par, birdie.

Had less than 140 yards to each of the doubles for my second shot, my short game is shit and one of the birdies was a fluke.

Edit, can’t wait to play tomorrow.

Played some decent stuff at West Lancs today in a 4BBB comp. I birdied the last for us to finish level par gross with 42 points which will probably leave us nowhere near the prizes. We really couldn't have played much better.

I'm struggling to get out to play. Over the last couple of years I've play 3 or 4 Times a week over the summer but this year I'm lucky to have played twice a month. I can't remember the last time I've played pain free.

I have a 4 ball that needs to be used at the ramside. I'm going to try and book it for a week on Tuesday if anyone fancies a game. It can only be used Monday to Thursday

I have a 4 ball that needs to be used at the ramside. I'm going to try and book it for a week on Tuesday if anyone fancies a game. It can only be used Monday to Thursday
It's free of charge as well

Last edited:

Back