2017 Season - Transfer Rumours & Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the situation with these new visa rules for overseas pros? Apparently (and I appreciate this could just be rumour), it's thrown a spanner into the works for a number of clubs - with a number of agreed deals now looking doubtful?

What's the situation with these new visa rules for overseas pros? Apparently (and I appreciate this could just be rumour), it's thrown a spanner into the works for a number of clubs - with a number of agreed deals now looking doubtful?
What are the new rules?

What are the new rules?

I have to be honest and say I'm not entirely sure - I think something about players with more than X number of first class/list A appearances, but less than Y number of such appearances, now having to get a different (and much more onerous) visa.

I've heard rumours that in the DCL - for example - this might be affecting a number of clubs including Whiteleas, Phili and Easington. Not sure if that's right, or if it's just typical winter gossip.

Absolutely right in terms of new visa rules Sweeper.

Though very complicated in essence if you have played any first class games in your career or list a then you can't get a sports visitors visa. Likewise if you are considered to be on a pathway to want to become a paid player in any way shape or form or have been paid to play at all then again can't get a sports visa. That's not to say that these lads can't come back they just have to get a tier 5 visa which is difficult for a lot of clubs to obtain at such a short notice hence why a lot of clubs are up the creek so to speak.

I have to be honest and say I'm not entirely sure - I think something about players with more than X number of first class/list A appearances, but less than Y number of such appearances, now having to get a different (and much more onerous) visa.

I've heard rumours that in the DCL - for example - this might be affecting a number of clubs including Whiteleas, Phili and Easington. Not sure if that's right, or if it's just typical winter gossip.
If that's the case it will rule out most overseas pros at league level, especially young up and coming players who try to get a season or two over here to help their game to get them up to list A standard.. Hope it does not stop players coming over on an amateur basis,

If that's the case it will rule out most overseas pros at league level, especially young up and coming players who try to get a season or two over here to help their game to get them up to list A standard.. Hope it does not stop players coming over on an amateur basis,

A lot of upcoming players come on youth mobility or ancestral visas so different in that respect. A lot of overseas in Nepl already have tier 5. It's designed to stop lads coming over as amateurs from sub continent who have played first class etc.

I've posted a load of detail on the Durham Cricket league forum under a thread started by Jamie Robinson titled "signings" or something like that.

I've done a load of research into it and have also posted screenshots of the ECB guidance docs. Bits are open to interpretation and could be argued in a court of law but most is black and white. It's whether clubs play by the rules or not and risk getting caught like Great Ayton did. If players get caught at border control and sent back likeliness is home office will start investigating more and more

They didn't make any money off the ground as build cost was equal with money from Barratt. Bar makes little money and bank roller pays out lots

Can only go off what I'm told and that was that they were left with a load of money in bank post ground move. They always seem to have functions on but I agree there seems to be a lot of money go through a substantially sized energy organisation based in the Notth East. Very similar to the Northern Rock and Sunderland CC situation of yesteryear in that sense. I assume the bank roller that your referring to is the man in the hot seat/owner of said organisation.

Either way when we played them in 2015 we were told categorically that one of their big names wasn't being paid a penny by the club. Lo and behold he did secure a nice new position in an energy company on a lofty salary (disclaimer - as I was told by a player we played against but seemed common knowledge).

Anyway, it is what it is. I don't know any real detail just repeating what hear say I've heard in the past 2 years. Happy to stand corrected.

Problem is with success comes rumour and stirring of the pot, we've had enough of it ourselves in 4 years and if they can sleep at night as we do at LCC and they're happy the club is sustainable on that model, then carry on doing what they do and fair play to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back