2005 Ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The most amazing sporting event I've ever been lucky enough to attend, the £10 I paid in November 2004 for a ticket to day 5 at the Oval the following September was the best £10 I've ever spent.

love when you can hear boycott proper laughing in the background when flintoffs going bizork with the bat :lol:

I'd say getting an interest in cricket in early July 2005 was canny good timing on my part. Hooked ever since.

love when you can hear boycott proper laughing in the background when flintoffs going bizork with the bat :lol:

Was it the 2005 ashes when an Aussie bowler thought he'd bowled an Englishman oh to find it was a no ball? Boycott was proper taking the piss!!

Quality, what a summer that was.

What a series for Channel 4 to end on too, I like Sky and 4 irritated me a bit (horse racing during Tests was annoying) but their coverage of cricket was largely (and surprisingly) very decent actually.

available for about a fiver on amazon

also the 2009 series is available for £3 on there to

That Edgbaston Test is the one of the best sporting matches I've seen, ever.

Still remember, me watching it on SKY on the Sunday morning, as me dad had it on Channel 4 while he was pottering about upstairs.

Analogue telly signal comes through a bit quicker than digital so heard him wooping and cheering before the final ball had been bowled :evil::lol:

Anyone got the 2010/11 series on DVD??

Yeah, bought the 7 disc box set that was released about a year ago. The documentary about the whole series that has interviews with Strauss and Ponting is a very good watch. And in terms of action, there's a lot there with a separate disc for each test. The only downside is it's got the channel 9 commentary rather than the Sky commentary, which means listening to Mark Nicholas stating the bleeding obvious all the time while brown nosing everything the Australians do.

Still brings back some amazing memories, the barmy army can be heard loud and clear welcoming Mitchell Johnson to the crease in the 2nd innings in Sydney :-D

Might have to have a look for that then. it's 23 quid on amazon at the minute - can probably get it cheaper elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back