2 stone before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmmmick

Midfield
Is there any realistic/healthy way to go about this?

Currently close to 16 stone, which given my height makes my BMI 37.8. I'm not obese, but I am overweight, just a very stocky build (which makes any fat on top look 10x worse).

I've looked into various things. Best I can come up with diet wise is 1600 calories spread over 5 meals a day, 100g+ of protein per day. Exercise wise it would be an hour on the cross trainer to build up fitness 6 days a week, in addition to 10-15min interval training.

Obviously if my caloric intake isnt enough and leaves me dead, I'll use a recovery mix after or during each session.

Thoughts?

Cheers in advance.

1600 is far too low. When you're dieting you want calories as high as you can get away with whilst still losing a reasonable amount of weight. 2 stone is achievable, even with much higher caloric intake than that; you're just asking for a huge amount of metabolic slowdown on such a huge deficit, which will lead to an enormous amount of fat gain over Christmas on what wouldn't normally be considered a lot of calories.

What is your activity level, in addition to the exercise? I'd honestly start at around 900-1,000kcal higher depending on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
1600 is far too low. When you're dieting you want calories as high as you can get away with whilst still losing a reasonable amount of weight. 2 stone is achievable, even with much higher caloric intake than that; you're just asking for a huge amount of metabolic slowdown on such a huge deficit, which will lead to an enormous amount of fat gain over Christmas on what wouldn't normally be considered a lot of calories.

What is your activity level, in addition to the exercise? I'd honestly start at around 900-1,000kcal higher depending on this.

I generally sit around most of the day, so its pretty much the lowest it can get.

I did look into the dietary sheets that came with the insanity workout mentioned in another thread, and apparently to do that successfully while losing weight I'd have needed 3400 calories or so each day, which at the time I thought was way too high.

Is there any realistic/healthy way to go about this?

Currently close to 16 stone, which given my height makes my BMI 37.8. I'm not obese, but I am overweight, just a very stocky build (which makes any fat on top look 10x worse).

I've looked into various things. Best I can come up with diet wise is 1600 calories spread over 5 meals a day, 100g+ of protein per day. Exercise wise it would be an hour on the cross trainer to build up fitness 6 days a week, in addition to 10-15min interval training.

Obviously if my caloric intake isnt enough and leaves me dead, I'll use a recovery mix after or during each session.

Thoughts?

Cheers in advance.

You're obese

2 stone is doable if you knuckle down and keep at it from now until Christmas.

Good luck.

I generally sit around most of the day, so its pretty much the lowest it can get.

I did look into the dietary sheets that came with the insanity workout mentioned in another thread, and apparently to do that successfully while losing weight I'd have needed 3400 calories or so each day, which at the time I thought was way too high.

I'd say start at around 2500. Shoot for around 1g of protein per lb of body weight. If you go too low too early in a diet, you leave yourself no room to cut calories further when you inevitably have to (metabolic slowdown is unavoidable when dieting, but you do want to make sure it's kept as low as possible).

Also, BMI isn't going to be accurate in a lot of cases.

hard as hell for me for some reason.. i've quit tabs, cafine but can i fuck kick a couple cans on a friday & saturday night.. :mad:

I know what you mean. I thought I'd go two weeks without drinking after my all inclusive holiday, lasted a week (sunday to saturday) - only had a few though and nowt since, so nearly did it.

Moderation is key with booze (as with most things tbh). Just a couple of drinks here and there and you'll be fine. If you deprive yourself completely, the more likely you are to binge in most cases. It's common for people to stay off booze for say 2 weeks, binge and think "fuck it, I'll start again on Monday" and then go all out on the food too.

I'm 5ft 4in btw. Even 13 stone is classed as obese for me :lol:

Basically, these shite BMI calculators expect me to be 8 stone to be normal. When I was last at 13st, I had a size 26 waist, so at 8st I'd be shopping at Mothercare.

Its not really the booze that caused me to pile it on, its just the fact that I do absolutely nothing every day in terms of exercise.

mmmmmick said:

Basically, these shite BMI calculators expect me to be 8 stone to be normal. When I was last at 13st, I had a size 26 waist, so at 8st I'd be shopping at Mothercare.

Its not really the booze that caused me to pile it on, its just the fact that I do absolutely nothing every day in terms of exercise.

Fatty

Moderation is key with booze (as with most things tbh). Just a couple of drinks here and there and you'll be fine. If you deprive yourself completely, the more likely you are to binge in most cases. It's common for people to stay off booze for say 2 weeks, binge and think "fuck it, I'll start again on Monday" and then go all out on the food too.

i'm gonna have 3 bottles of cider tonight while the footy is on, cheers Titus mate :cool: :lol:

This.

I lost 5 stone in 8 months when I was 19/20, and I still went for a couple of pints every Friday after my shift at Asda. In fact I probably drank more then than I do now.

Get your arse off your ps3 and go for a jog.

Best advice you'll get that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back