2 million quid in the bank

I can't see the reasoning behind playing blocks of games up north/down south. Surely space them out to make it more of an occasion, keep the public appetite wanting and all that. A World Cup in other bigger countries means a lot of travel anyway.

I can't see the reasoning behind playing blocks of games up north/down south. Surely space them out to make it more of an occasion, keep the public appetite wanting and all that. A World Cup in other bigger countries means a lot of travel anyway.

Did it not just make it a bit easier with the logistics of shifting camera gear etc around? They must use a fair few from what I've seen.

Went to all 3 games and they were all great. The breakfast in Austins was top notch for 7 quid compared to the bacon butties from the vans. Really good choice of bait around the ground and certainly the weather helped but £5.50 for a pint of piss was the only downside

CLS having a couple of games also meant their bar was pretty full as well.

Well done to all at Durham CCC.

Went to all 3 games and they were all great. The breakfast in Austins was top notch for 7 quid compared to the bacon butties from the vans. Really good choice of bait around the ground and certainly the weather helped but £5.50 for a pint of piss was the only downside

CLS having a couple of games also meant their bar was pretty full as well.

Well done to all at Durham CCC.
I'm presuming that's Greene King getting payback for their sponsorship!

Great to hear positivity on the back to very good reports.

Interesting on the Hotel stuff. You'd imagine a hotel would do great business on the back of an international game and maybe some from travelling fans for DCC matches - do things like selling a hotel stay combined with entry to the ground for a match.

I wouldn't have thought the club would have anything to do with actually running the hotel or selling rooms. Its a Cricket club not a hotel operator. Most hotels are franchised and Durham CCC would just effectively be the landlords. Does not stop the club doing a deal in conjunction with whichever hotel chain becomes the operator though.

Good to finally see some good financial news at long last. We need to do what we have always done well which is to continue developing the local lads and bringing them through while supplementing that with the odd decent senior pro or two. The main thing was to get the club financially stable again though.

Back