2 million quid in the bank

Some of the guys I play cricket with in Scotland headed down for some of the matches, they were massively impressed with the experience.

Let’s hope it’s the catalyst for change that we need. Watching on TV I kept thinking back to 1995, pitching up in the cold with my camping chair to watch the first ball bowled there. It’s been a bumpy ride but we’ve come a hell of a long way.

I was there on Monday and I thought it was a brilliant day overall. I've been to most of the international games at CLS over the years but I thought Monday was the best day I've had. It was well-ran, organised and just a whole lot of fun. Of course the weather and quality of the game helped, but well done to all involved.

Great to hear positivity on the back to very good reports.

Interesting on the Hotel stuff. You'd imagine a hotel would do great business on the back of an international game and maybe some from travelling fans for DCC matches - do things like selling a hotel stay combined with entry to the ground for a match.

The club deserve it. The 3 World Cup games at Durham we’re as near perfect from a sporting and recreational event as you could get. The ground looked superb, the atmosphere was sublime and there was no hint of any bother whatsoever. The Sri Lankan’s in particular were very gracious visitors and as someone who lives in the town and just 300 yards away I couldn’t have been prouder.

Hopefully the tide is starting to turn for durham ccc.

As an aside the icc World Cup has overall been an excellent tournament and the Asian fans in particular have contributed immensely to that.

Great to hear positivity on the back to very good reports.

Interesting on the Hotel stuff. You'd imagine a hotel would do great business on the back of an international game and maybe some from travelling fans for DCC matches - do things like selling a hotel stay combined with entry to the ground for a match.
Interesting story about the hotel when it was originally going to be built

They took the hedges down where it is going to be, along by the groundsmans house, out of bird nesting season to make sure that any chicks would be born nearby but in safety from prospective building work.

Last edited:

Back