[1st Test] England v Pakistan (Old Trafford)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starts at 11am

Weather: looks a bit iffy today, may get showers. After that should warm up on Friday

Teams: god only knows. Will Stokes be fit to bowl and allow Crawley to play? Will Curran allow Woakes a rest? Wood for Archer? Rest Anderson? No spinner? buggered if I know

Are these test matches played back to back again?
August

5-9 1st Test, Old Trafford (11:00 BST)

13-17 2nd Test, Southampton (11:00 BST)

21-25 3rd Test, Southampton (11:00 BST)

28 1st Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n) (18:00 BST)

30 2nd Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (14:30 BST)

September

1 3rd Twenty20 international, Old Trafford (d/n) (18:00 BST)

shamelessly stolen from the @Ghfd thread

Starts at 11am

Weather: looks a bit iffy today, may get showers. After that should warm up on Friday

Teams: god only knows. Will Stokes be fit to bowl and allow Crawley to play? Will Curran allow Woakes a rest? Wood for Archer? Rest Anderson? No spinner? buggered if I know
If Stoke is fit I think they'll go Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Archer, Bess, Broad, Anderson. Anderson will play the 2nd test and Broad the 3rd. They'll maybe bring Wood in for Archer to see if they can get Wood into the 3rd test (no way he'll play two consecutive).

Damp and quite humid out today, but supposed to be scorching by the weekend.

So the eternal question. Bowl first and hope it's a swinging day, bat and hope it cracks up for the spinner.

Good toss to lose I reckon.
Didn't realise it was at Old Trafford, glad nobody has asked me for the weather
Looking forward to this, always a great series against Pakistan
Were you a good shoulder to cry on last night?

Last edited:
I've got a bad feeling about this, batsman short for me, as Warney has said.

Reactions: Boo
Should be a cracking series this, certainly makes working at home a bit more interesting. Concerned about the balance of the side the way it is but suppose we are limited without the overs of stokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back