19th June Stats

Doctors were on a really steep learning curve certainly. I said to the wife, family members and friends let's try to avoid this thing for as long as possible so that if and when any of us get it there are therapeutics and know how etc to help if its needed. To this day not one single (close or wider) family member has knowingly had the virus. Fair play to you and the wife I think I'd have been rarely scared in that position. Mind neither my sister or bil can have the vaccine either and they're really chilled about it.
I was really concerned waiting for the result of the daughters test for the wife, that will be well over a year ago and even now she is in the exact same position not being able to have a jab.
However there is light at the end of the tunnel, with us both getting over initial concerns we did get away on two wonderful holidays, everyone that cancelled last year are struggling to get away this.

Even if we both die this year at least we had a decent one last, oh and I had 3 months off with 85% of my pay.
It's a shame it can't happen every year, well at 2020 rates, I don't care much for 2021, it's absolutely shit so far.

I hope there's still stadium restrictions when the season starts again, I'll just go to Spoons instead. :lol:

It should be repayable like a student loan. As you said you had a nice 2020 sitting on your arse whilst others had to work

It should be repayable like a student loan. As you said you had a nice 2020 sitting on your arse whilst others had to work

I've worked pretty hard for all the money I've earned in the last 30 years.
Like a student loan, if everyone paid loans back like students we'd be fucked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So why should I pay for your 3 Month off, pay it back yourself. We've all worked hard but haven't had a state funded holiday that we brag about

Last edited:
So why should I pay for your 3 Month off, pay it back yourself. We've all worked hard but haven't had a state funded holiday that we brag about

I'm paying for it myself by being a tax payer, albeit it's like a rebate.
Do you say the same about people doing fuck all, all day everyday?

Nobby, is that short for something?

Given it was forced on people there isn’t a chance it should be repaid…people didn’t just decide to sit on their arses.
i think the problem is that some have took the piss, even some boasting on here and elsewhere about sitting in the garden supping ale whilst others have worked right through. some will have been worried sick their job might not be there when it ends. perhaps that's a reason for nobby's posts?
personally imo it shouldn't be paid back. it's circumstances that were forced on folk and as incompetent that the government are this has been a great scheme. god knows how some might have survived financially without it.
just as an aside, i was given the option but i chose not to. i get bored easily and there's only so much pottering about you can do.

i think the problem is that some have took the piss, even some boasting on here and elsewhere about sitting in the garden supping ale whilst others have worked right through. some will have been worried sick their job might not be there when it ends. perhaps that's a reason for nobby's posts?
personally imo it shouldn't be paid back. it's circumstances that were forced on folk and as incompetent that the government are this has been a great scheme. god knows how some might have survived financially without it.
just as an aside, i was given the option but i chose not to. i get bored easily and there's only so much pottering about you can do.

I admire you for going to work, it was out of my hands, it wasn’t like I could do whatever I wanted to.

The wife has worked from home and just said I was lucky, maybes nobby works in an industry that is important, there’s still a chance things could go tits up and I may not have a job in the not so distant future, who knows.

The people I feel for are those that haven’t been able to work within their industries and still can’t.

I reckon if most people had to have 3 months off they would appreciate it as much as I did.

I think it could’ve changed a lot of peoples views on what is important in life.

Taxpayers will be paying for furlough. All of those on the scheme were/are taxpayers and that's how the system works. Some have been lucky and had a bit of a paid holiday, some had a bit of luck and had some holiday but have/will be made redundant, and some will have worked straight through and shouldn't really be complaining about the situation of others. We have a welfare system and of course it's not perfect but imagine the position of millions without this scheme. I'm a taxpayer and don't for a moment begrudge anybody on furlough the benefit.

I had about 2 and a half months last year, from when lockdown was announced toll the first week in June, then found out we are getting made redundant at the end of this year anyway.

We get flexi furlough now though and I'm loving it, mostly tend to be 4 day weeks, I'm loosing my job anyway, may as well make the most of the paid time off.

Last edited:

Back