Watched it today, it’s ok,ww1 saving private Ryan. I thought some of the cinematography was average at best in places and it leaves you wanting more substance, a 12 second blackout halfway through which is probably half too long. Also down to the very closing scene you wonder why a drone wasn’t used to gain altitude and look back with a statement . It’s ok don’t get me wrong but it’s not a private Ryan and I don think it will sweep up at the oscars.

Saw it last night. It’s technically dazzling but it’s nowhere near the best war film I’ve seen. It lacked something for me although I can’t quite put my finger on what. I didn’t get drawn in emotionally at all and whilst the carnage of no mans land was done really well, the battle scenes such as they were seemed a bit insipid and didn’t do justice to what must have been horrific.

Saw it last night. It’s technically dazzling but it’s nowhere near the best war film I’ve seen. It lacked something for me although I can’t quite put my finger on what. I didn’t get drawn in emotionally at all and whilst the carnage of no mans land was done really well, the battle scenes such as they were seemed a bit insipid and didn’t do justice to what must have been horrific.
This for me.

The filming was superb but felt the storyline was too predictable, Also there wasn't enough combat for me. Some of it was completely unrealistic too.

7.5/10, worth a watch.

I really enjoyed it, like most films of this type you really have to see it in a cinema, its beautifully filmed. A simple story done well and moments of real emotion - not a blood and guts Private Ryan type and if that's what you expect and compare it with you will be disappointed.

Back