18th December Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
46 cases in Sunderland. -9
(27 consecutive days of sub 100 cases per day)
1 death in Sunderland. +1
24 patients admitted to hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland.
209 patients in hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland.
12 patients on ventilation in South Tyneside & Sunderland.

515 cases in the NE. -174
17 deaths in the NE. -3
256 patients admitted to hospital in the NE & Yorks. +8
2,505 patients in hospital in the NE & Yorks. +119
142 patients on ventilation in the NE & Yorks. -7

28,507 cases in the UK. +6,835
489 deaths in the UK. +65
1,726 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. +104
18,469 patients in hospital in the UK. +2,333
1,340 patients on ventilation in the UK. +73

375,185 tests conducted.

Sunderland 7 day rolling average:
113 cases per 100,000 using backdated data. -17
142 cases per 100,000 using daily data. -14

251 cases per 100,000 for the UK using daily data. +73

+/- compared to one week ago

That must be one of the highest daily cases ever ( yesterday included 11k backdated ) ?

north east going in right direction which is good

Bairn had her first death in the hospital yesterday, that she witnessed. The poor sod got his positive covid test back only 10 minutes previously.

Thanks for that and from tomorrow the red’s or hopefully greens can be added to the localised hospital figures which are now going to be updated daily from what I understand. Sunderland actually doing very well, could be the lowest major urban area in a weeks time or so.

We're going to get dragged into a lockdown because of the South.
I feel like a parrot but hardly anyone is mentioning the fact that Londoners (where virus cases are spiralling out of control) will, over the next few days, be travelling to every corner of the U.K. to spend time with family. All the low case areas like Cumbria, Norfolk, Cornwall etc. could have their work undone, not to mention the North West and North East in the broad sense.

Third day running the average deaths have risen. Looks as if the vaccine is the only way to get it under control.

I feel like a parrot but hardly anyone is mentioning the fact that Londoners (where virus cases are spiralling out of control) will, over the next few days, be travelling to every corner of the U.K. to spend time with family. All the low case areas like Cumbria, Norfolk, Cornwall etc. could have their work undone, not to mention the North West and North East in the broad sense.
Problem is that would have probably happened regardless. Travelling in and out of the country and around it, has been restricted in name only since day one.

Problem is that would have probably happened regardless. Travelling in and out of the country and around it, has been restricted in name only since day one.
Can’t help but feel a 5 day free reign will have encouraged more to do it though ..... I would never advocate restriction of movement in the sense of de facto borders etc. but the government should have learnt from the student fiasco and emphasised the importance of staying local this Christmas. They learn nothing from their mistakes which makes it all the more frustrating.

Getting close to the highest number of people in hospital from March, which I think was around 21k, be back there in a week.

Third day running the average deaths have risen. Looks as if the vaccine is the only way to get it under control.
It's under more control than any bug in history! The summer months will set it straight and hopefully the vaccine stops it kicking off next year.

If the vaccine has been rolled out sufficiently and cases are still abound then people need to question what sort of country they want to live in..

6 months left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back