Following on from how cracking the English was I’ve just discovered 1883. There’s likely been a thread on here I missed but that’s is a fantastic series as well. Has the wise SMB watched and enjoyed.

Following on from how cracking the English was I’ve just discovered 1883. There’s likely been a thread on here I missed but that’s is a fantastic series as well. Has the wise SMB watched and enjoyed.

Are you aware it's the prequel spin-off series to Yellowstone?

Are you aware it's the prequel spin-off series to Yellowstone?

I hadn’t been but saw that when googling yesterday. Never watched Yellowstone but enjoyed 1883 in its own right as an old style western. Not sure if the modern day family story will appeal in the same way.

Found Yellowstone hard to get into. Probably the characters. The daughter could’ve been the next Alexis Colby but comes over as a drunk bore. The rest are hard to like including Costner.

1883 is the opposite. Has engaging characters and gritty feel. Does veer into young girl bats her eyelashes at every young fella territory but there’s a nice bleak ending to make up for it.

Found Yellowstone hard to get into. Probably the characters. The daughter could’ve been the next Alexis Colby but comes over as a drunk bore. The rest are hard to like including Costner.

1883 is the opposite. Has engaging characters and gritty feel. Does veer into young girl bats her eyelashes at every young fella territory but there’s a nice bleak ending to make up for it.
was thinking this , characters far more likeable unlike yellowstone. the daughter in yellowstone ( beth ) is unrealistic and would be doing time in reality.

I hadn’t been but saw that when googling yesterday. Never watched Yellowstone but enjoyed 1883 in its own right as an old style western. Not sure if the modern day family story will appeal in the same way.

Yellowstone's brutal at times. It's like Sons Of Anarchy but with horses.

As someone on here pointed out to me recently, that's unsurprising because the writer/creator of Yellowstone/1883/1923 was one of the actors in Sons Of Anarchy.

Yellowstone's brutal at times. It's like Sons Of Anarchy but with horses.

As someone on here pointed out to me recently, that's unsurprising because the writer/creator of Yellowstone/1883/1923 was one of the actors in Sons Of Anarchy.
that'll be Taylor Sheridan...he played the younger cop ( Hale ) in S.O.A.

Back