12 year ago - Durham team

This popped up on my Facebook memories. What a team this was. Durham: Di Venuto, Smith, Stoneman, Collingwood, Benkenstein, Blackwell, Mustard, Wood, Claydon, Thorp, Brathwaite

A fantastic lineup that, mind from memory I recall their best days were just about behind them - the ‘breakup’ was quite swift after that, but of course happier days were quickly round the corner.

Played against Brathwaite on a rock hard deck at Brandon, he bowled absolute wheels!!

There’s a good chance I was playing, I dropped one at third slip in a game at Felling off his bowling. Never saw it coming :oops:
Eee some canny names on that list

You won’t have heard of any of them because you don’t follow the sport. As @Mackem DJ said - postcount.

If anyone remembers the end of season races between Geoff Cook and Alan Walker (I think)........ there was one year when Phil Mustard raced Ruel Brathwaite and I assumed that Phil would lose by a country mile.... not a bit of it. He beat Ruel easily. Surprised the hell out of me

Civil engineer now, seemingly

(not Phil.... obviously)

Ive heard rumours its a mod or collective of mods increasing traffic to the site, bumping old posts, making people converse more etc?

Strange situation like. A man posing as a woman online is a clear red flag for a kickoff without talking about their spamming.

Protected species too by the looks.

Ive heard rumours its a mod or collective of mods increasing traffic to the site, bumping old posts, making people converse more etc?

Strange situation like. A man posing as a woman online is a clear red flag for a kickoff without talking about their spamming.

Would that explain the bans handed out to those who apparently got involved arguing with HL?

Would that explain the bans handed out to those who apparently got involved arguing with HL?

Most certainly. Protected species for sure. Sad really, some very decent posters have simply sacked it off, others have cancelled their contribution renewal. Is this really the trade off the mods want?

Back