11 year old Liverpool fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhead

Winger
Just been mentioned pre-match. Diagnosed with Leukaemia and died 3 days later.

How is that possible, leukaemia is a cancer of the blood, surely bog standard blood test would have picked this up. Never heard of it been that quick before.

RIP little fella

Poor little lad :(

One of my dogs died from that. He was fit and healthy and nothing appeared to be wrong with him. I came in from work one day and he was kind of a bit drunk so I popped him down the vets. They said it was a mini stroke and ran some bloods. That came back as leukaemia but he was too far gone for any treatment and he was 11 years old so old for a dog. They said he only had a few weeks left, but a week later he went downhill so I made the decision to let him go peacefully rather than wait for the inevitable. The vet did say that kind of cancer goes undetected for a long time and it would have only been picked up in the early stages had some other illness happened to the dog and it was picked up by chance.

Poor little lad :(

One of my dogs died from that. He was fit and healthy and nothing appeared to be wrong with him. I came in from work one day and he was kind of a bit drunk so I popped him down the vets. They said it was a mini stroke and ran some bloods. That came back as leukaemia but he was too far gone for any treatment and he was 11 years old so old for a dog. They said he only had a few weeks left, but a week later he went downhill so I made the decision to let him go peacefully rather than wait for the inevitable. The vet did say that kind of cancer goes undetected for a long time and it would have only been picked up in the early stages had some other illness happened to the dog and it was picked up by chance.

Sorry to hear that Becs, never knew it was that aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back