10m double deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way would I spend more than 2m on Marriott. There's a chance he could be a one season wonder. That's typical Barry Fry putting a ridiculous price tag on him.
Maddison is a troublemaker.

Last edited:

Are you Serious, at best he’s going to a championship side and there aren’t many who pay that sought of money
It's exactly the type of deal we would have done previously, and other clubs will do even in the championship, pay that much for a player and salary expectations follow

Not sure we have the money for this but Jack Marriott has been touted for 6.5m asking price. Do you think if we wanted them and had the money we could get him and Marcus Maddison for 10m total?

I think Maddison would be a brilliant signing if we could afford him.
10 million would get us 2 squads to play in Division 3.

Amazing after the mistakes we made chucking money away people still think it’s the answer.
This league doesn’t need huge funding to escape, it won’t and shouldnt happen.
Believe most people realise this bullshit is fortunately from the minority or the insane

depends what we get in on sales. if we can reinvest that plus a couple of million tops on players fit for this league on shortish contracts, theres no way we should be spending more than that.

A decent manager should have you winning this league with what you have surely?

With the players you have its gonna be a cakewalk.

Not sure we have the money for this but Jack Marriott has been touted for 6.5m asking price. Do you think if we wanted them and had the money we could get him and Marcus Maddison for 10m total?

Do you work for Blackburn rovers?

One of the posters on Villa Talk is St Mirren's scout in The Midlands. It's surprising that a Scottish club outside the top half-dozen should have such a large scouting network. He mentions two of the names he'd suggested to his boss who'd have been beyond St Mirren's wage structure. One of them is Erhun Oztumer who has been one of the best players in League One for the last few years. He's available on a Bosman and he's a cracking little player.

A big part of the reason Marriott flourished at Peterborough last season was his development under a very good coach,David Oldfield,although he’s now left the club. Darragh Mac Anthony is also a pretty shrewd chairman,and will get top prices for players.

Last edited by a moderator:

We won't spend £10m on 12 players man :lol::lol::lol:

If we spend 10m in two players this summer I actually think I would be disappointed. It would show we have learned fuck all from years of mismanagement. We need good league one players/average champ players right now and to pay over the odds and higher salaries than we need to would be crazy imho. Good players in this league should cost a million

Wake up bonny lad....it’s League 1 now. Stop dreaming of ‘big money transfers’, those are gone for a little while yet. We need to be ‘thrifty and nifty’ for a couple of years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back