The number of excess deaths in England, through Cardiovascular conditions since 2/2020, according to the British Heart Foundation.

Bit worrying that. You would of thought more would be made of it. Heart issues cost £22 billion a year.

Due to all the tubbies shuffling around, home for Christmas, quite easy to see, that said, more seemed to be in gym, pool and at the running track, so sinking in with some people.

Not hard to workout why. Uber eats, just eat have exploded since lockdown. Working from home as increased.
Takeaways every 100 yards.
Laziness is what it is.
Working from home was beneficial for me in terms of exercise, moving around and diet. I tend to move less and have a poorer diet now I'm back in the office.

I think lockdown didn’t help. I think people who love their fitness will find a way regardless, jog on the spot if they have to, but for people struggling they need that support network. Gym buddies, weight watcher/slimming world classes, personal trainers etc etc.

I also wonder if the numbers include covid victims. Iirc if you died of heart failure but had covid 28 days previous covid would be added to the death certificate.
Nothing to do with the Covid jab then?
There would be a lot more dead I’d think.
Oh hold on. I’ve started something here. Shit!!!!!

Last edited:
Not hard to workout why. Uber eats, just eat have exploded since lockdown. Working from home as increased.
Takeaways every 100 yards.
Laziness is what it is.
I eat better and lose weight when I’m not in work. Too easy just to grab a sandwich meal deal when working.
I think it’s down to eating at regular times as well when at home.
At work I can be eating as late as 10pm and even though I will be doing around 20,000 steps I can still put weight on.

Back