1 Hour 40 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajax_andy

That's how long the speeches went on for at Monday's wedding.

That's how long I stood with my mahoosive 70-200mm lens on... back is very sore now!

We had:

Father of the bride
Mother of the bride & Mother of the groom + slideshow presentation
Groom
2 of the best men + slideshow presentation
The other 2 best men
Father of the groom
Step father of the bride
Chief bridesmaid

I'm hoping this isn't going to catch on!

Even the father of the groom whilst doing his speech said "why am I giving a speech?" :lol:

seen this on talk photography. I recently did a best man speech that i thought would last about 3 minutes. ended up 9 and a half and i thought that was bad!

seen this on talk photography. I recently did a best man speech that i thought would last about 3 minutes. ended up 9 and a half and i thought that was bad!

did a bridesmaid dee a speech? I found it really really odd and rude as fuck.. bride and groom were visibly taken aback by it. :lol:

did a bridesmaid dee a speech? I found it really really odd and rude as fuck.. bride and groom were visibly taken aback by it. :lol:
no, there was only me and the groom that did them that i remember. But then again, i was very, very drunk.

no, there was only me and the groom that did them that i remember. But then again, i was very, very drunk.

the norm ^^. A bridesmaid piped up and rattled off some massive poem; her husband was sat with his head in his hands :lol: bride and groom were perplexed. Massive attention whore.

Aye I'm used to speeches taking about 15 - 20 mins max for all 3... Some of these went on for that one their own, some longer!

I noticed some of the guests looking bored and annoyed and I just thought "yeah you think it's bad sat down with your glass of wine... I'm stood up with a bazooka sized lens that weighs about the same" :evil:

She was Canadian so not sure if that's normal for them to do so many?

It's supposed to be all about the bride but nowadays people take any opportunity to make themselves the centre of attention.

I blame X Factor and shows like tha.It's led everyone to believe they should have the focus on them!

You'd expect that the speeches would have been planned in advance and the couple should have told them to go screw themselves.

Charge by the hour

Haha well they had my 10 hour package so how they use those 10 hours I guess is up to them, but i'd prefer nearly a 5th of that not to be taken up with speeches ideally :lol:

It's supposed to be all about the bride but nowadays people take any opportunity to make themselves the centre of attention.

I blame X Factor and shows like tha.It's led everyone to believe they should have the focus on them!

You'd expect that the speeches would have been planned in advance and the couple should have told them to go screw themselves.

I think the B&G actually wanted this...

The single blokes must have been gutted....cutting into the time available to get into the bridesmaids pants ;)

The single blokes must have been gutted....cutting into the time available to get into the bridesmaids pants ;)

All 7 of the bridesmaids... yes 7!

so the 4 best men and 2 ushers had far less time!

Mind you if I hadn't been married there was one bridesmaid that I would have been slipping my number before I left... very cute! :lol:

Let's hope that this isn't a trend that takes off.

An hour and forty minutes of speech is a hell of a long time, particularly if it is unstructured rambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back