00s Memories

Discovering Avril Lavigne the undoubted highlight of this decade. And seeing her live for the first time too

Going to Copenhagen to see a Denmark game for the first time which I had dreamed about in the 90s.

Meeting Peter Schmeichel, another 90s dream come true.

Pissing about at college to avoid getting a job until I eventually I had to get one.

2008 play off final. 3 promotions in 4 years. winning at the Emirates. Beating L**ds on their first visit to Hull for 20 years. 2005 Ashes, 2001 county championship, idolising Darren Lehmann because as I kid I never knew he was a horrible racist Aussie bastard

Living/working in Australia (Christmas day on the beach, bbqs and birds in bikinis, class; ending up on the piss with Chandler from Friends, he was a bit of a clip but bought shit loads of drinks, class; final of rudgy world cup, class).

This passed me by at the time. WTF!?
He and his stepdad used to drive round pit villages sticking the Vs up at people.

Getting the Nokia 8210 and laughing at those with the 3310

getting an ipod

Sven

Sunderland being shite, ok then shite

Going to studio in Durham as a 16 year old

Good highlight - Spending time in some forrin countries on my own. My daughter being born.

Bad highlight- My friend dying

The 2002 World Cup - Senegal beating holders France in the opening game, hosts South Korea reaching the semi final, that beckham penalty against Argentina and Michael Owen putting us 1-0 up in the quarter final against Brazil before Seaman got lobbed. My favourite World Cup of them all.

Watching the 2005 Ashes in my science lessons at school

Back