🏆🏆🏆Sunderland v Wycombe match thread 🏆🏆🏆

Drove down and back today. Up at 5, got in at 10.30. I'm absolutely fucked! But WHAT. A. DAY.

Absolutely buzzing. We were class and thoroughly deserved it. And that fanbase man, completely ridiculously good. I need sleep, but I'm still running on adrenaline and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

So good to share that day with everyone

Sat in Euston station pub waiting for train just relieved, happy and proud of our performance having some welcome pints and seeing red and white going to all parts of the country other than north east. What a day and what a set of supporters. Back home now in Manchester exhausted 😴

How can you say it wasn’t a pen, they scissored roberts. Thought var was supposed to be used
I suppose at the time I imagined how I’d have felt if one of our players had won the ball in that position - but you’re right, he was scissored and I now think it was a penalty.

The alcohol was clouding my judgement and I was more worked up about not getting a corner.

Having said all that- who gives a fuck man, we’re up!

Sat in Euston station pub waiting for train just relieved, happy and proud of our performance having some welcome pints and seeing red and white going to all parts of the country other than north east. What a day and what a set of supporters. Back home now in Manchester exhausted 😴
Euston station to Manchester in a 4 line paragraph!
And i thought i was f***ing slow at typing. 🤣

Been back an hour. My God what a day.8th time lucky. Our support today was awe inspiring. We support the best Club in the world. So good to see so many happy faces at a place where we knew only misery and heartbreak. This makes up for all of that. I will never forget 21st May 2022. And....FTM.

I don’t think it was a penalty- they took a big risk and therefore a good tackle- but that corner. Drives me nuts when simple decisions don’t get called right. They can turn a game- listen to our lot sing!
Looked like a penalty to me, but who gives a shite, we won anyway.

had to watch this on screen.. was the the other side

Me too block 124. Why didn’t they do it on the halfway line facing our fans?
What a f***ing day.
That was a day me and my son will never forget.

I took the Mrs (No) son who’s 12 cracking day.

At the end I had to say to him “mind you this doesn’t usually happen” as I picked him up and spun him round in a massive hug with a tear in my eye.

It could’ve related to all of it, us winning, me hugging people or the tear rolling down my cheek.

This club brings you the lowest of lows but once in a while it brings you a f***ing beautiful day !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Back