“Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard Farage criticise this TTIP before mind. Unless I have misheard.

There are issues with TTIP, another negotiation of treaties out of the public's earshot. The problems with this as far as I can remember are that it erodes the rights of people and states, from memory one of the examples was that a company could take a state to court if it was deemed to be effecting its profits through legislation, they could sue or seek to have the legislation removed.

It is one thing to bring peace and prosperity through economic integration but to make people the servants of multinational companies is a slippery slope.

I have the full TTIP publication on my PC somewhere, it's off last year so will have been updated I imagine.

Banks and large corporations call the shots now , politicians are just there to make you think you have a say , you don't.
How did we get to this situation and how do we reverse it? Is it reversible?

it may seem like that now but I`m not without hope - my feeling is the elites and the capitalists will simply get TOO greedy and people will wake up en masse - for example in this country its the poor , the disabled and working classes that are targeted for the pain , but you can bet your bottom dollar when they have finished with them they will turn there attentions to the middle classes , things may change then

The idea is that regulation on businesses around consumer protection, environmental protection and health and safety are roughly equivalent between the EU and US and under TTIP these would be harmonised so businesses do not need to work around different systems. The concern is that the lowest level of regulation would become the norm. Also the treaty supposedly gives businesses expanded rights to sue governments for what they consider excessive regulation. There is also some concern that it would make it harder to cancel contracts in the public sector (ie NHS) for private providers that are providing good value - all the main parties say the NHS would be largely excluded but who knows.

The Tories, Labour. UKIP and Lib Dems (who?) all support it so probably not much that can be done about it.

Just seem the author. Will step out now.
Are you trying to say George isn't in touch with the common man?

The idea is that regulation on businesses around consumer protection, environmental protection and health and safety are roughly equivalent between the EU and US and under TTIP these would be harmonised so businesses do not need to work around different systems. The concern is that the lowest level of regulation would become the norm. Also the treaty supposedly gives businesses expanded rights to sue governments for what they consider excessive regulation. There is also some concern that it would make it harder to cancel contracts in the public sector (ie NHS) for private providers that are providing good value - all the main parties say the NHS would be largely excluded but who knows.

The Tories, Labour. UKIP and Lib Dems (who?) all support it so probably not much that can be done about it.
Nice summary.

I saw a headstone in the cemetery the other day and the chap's name was Monbiot. I immediately disliked the bloke.
That's cos you is a moneygrubber. Edited to fit in with the direction the thread seems to have taken.

I don't like being spoken down to and this fella is a leading proponent of this.

Sounds like the NWO are behind this.

Dangerous times ahead.
With the likes of Lockheed Martin recently steered away from bidding to run the Back Office systems for GP surgeries I can't see any possible issues.

All it will mean is these global companies, and the likes of Capita, ATOS, Accentua etc will take over the running of all these services, making them fit their model, rather than working in the best interests of each service.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...ts-circle-healthcare-bupa-virgin-care-care-uk

It is reversible my friend and I know it will pain you to here this but the way to do it is is not through UKIP, they do not unify the cause against this attack on democracy and only serve to divide the opinion further. If UKIP dropped the nationalist element to their politics and went left they would pickup more than 4 million votes, for example if they aligned themselves with anti-austerity parties and were championing these kind of arguments without the nationalist agenda I believe they would garner more support.

it may seem like that now but I`m not without hope - my feeling is the elites and the capitalists will simply get TOO greedy and people will wake up en masse - for example in this country its the poor , the disabled and working classes that are targeted for the pain , but you can bet your bottom dollar when they have finished with them they will turn there attentions to the middle classes , things may change then
History shows that they do eventually wake up however, history is not armed with a device that is glued to the majority of the western world's palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back