“Paulo is currently getting paid £2m a year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait we paid £2m for him? hes on 40k a week for a fringe player?. Theres nee suprise premier clubs find themselfs up shit creek if this is the norm.

We got him for nowt, he's been here just over a year. He's actually worked out cheaper than a lot of our old, poor signings under Keane.

Re: “Paulo is currently getting paid £2m a year."

People always focus on the headline transfer fee when its wages that are the most expensive part.

We got him for nowt, he's been here just over a year. He's actually worked out cheaper than a lot of our old, poor signings under Keane.

40k a week for someone who Bruce doesn't even play? We would have been better donating to the SAFC foundation.

Thats fine in all honesty, keeping in mind no transfer fee. I think we'd get easily a million of that back in transfer fee. If not, well he's been useful as in we've had an option to play him.

theres no such thing as getting a player for nowt...agents fees,cars,homes,interpreters signing on fees all add up..the 3 south americans will all be gone this time next year

I think we would all be suprised if we knew how many of our players are on big wages.I knew from it being stated in the accounts 8/9 years ago that 16 of the first team squad were on wages of over £1 million a year.I think that was the season we finished17th in Premiership.
At the time I could only think of about 4 who may have warranted it(Quinn,Phillips,Tommy S,Tom H)

40k a week for someone who Bruce doesn't even play? We would have been better donating to the SAFC foundation.
My understanding is that Bruce agreed to the deal. the groundwork was done by Sbragia prior to SB's arrival.
By the way he's started 13 games ( premier ) and came on as sub in 4 others.
Bruce has played him, it hasnt worked out it seems.
Compared to what goes in its a pittance by premier standards. If you look at our 'rich history' of dud players, again it's a mere bagatelle.
If we get money for him, the pain will be further diminished.

My understanding is that Bruce agreed to the deal. the groundwork was done by Sbragia prior to SB's arrival.
Compared to what goes in its a pittance by premier standards. If you look at our 'rich history' of dud players, again it's a mere bagatelle.

Bruce said he had watched Da Silva for a long time. It wasn't just something he had agreed to :neutral:

It shows how much progress we have made to have quality players on the bench.

We still have a lot to do. I won't be happy until we have £100k/wk players on the bench;)

:lol:

The only player scouted by former managers that he agreed to sign was Darren Bent. Da Silva is his signing 100%.

I was one his biggest critics, but I always defended his signings, I think he's a very good "scout". He's done very well in terms of signing good players for decent fees, but nobody can be 100% spot on when it comes to transfers, not even Jose or SAF. Paulo, Killa and Riveros were mistakes, maybe even Cana, but he did a very good job with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back