1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Alien’ creator H.R. Giger has died

Discussion in 'SMB' started by tysonstorm, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tysonstorm

tysonstorm Winger

Not sure if seb but....

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Alien_creator_H.R._Giger_is_dead.html?cid=38569780

Nothing on the mainstream news about this other than a few articles from obscure news outlets.

Love the Alien films and I also remember playing Dark Seed on the Amiga back in the day. His style of art was strange but intriguing.

Alas, RIP Giger

2. nightmare, RIP fella - you're artwork was both brilliant, erotic and scary !

3. Pants

Pants Winger

RIP

Penis Landscape:

[​IMG]

The Raven and tysonstorm like this.
  4. Cypher

Cypher Winger

Was also the basis for classics like Doom the video game. He was a brilliant artist.

5. daveyc

daveyc Winger

I'd hate to see what the buggers coffin looks like.

6. ollie c

ollie c Striker

Brain Salad Surgery cover too, (for the older ones on here)

7. JonMc

JonMc Striker

Great artist but phallic obsessed to the point where he probably had problems.

8. I can imagine the arty farty that there London crowd seeing that at their poncey galleries ..."Hmmm Ruperto what do you see in this one?". "Big c0cks Tarquinius, big c0cks".

Pants likes this.
  9. Tex

Tex Striker

I remember watching Blue Planet or another of those Attenborough documentaries about the deep ocean where all kinds of hideous monstrous fish live in the lowest depths and there's one weird looking thing that the Alien monster was supposedly inspired from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.