£700 for Mascot Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMackem

Master Merger
Staff member
West Ham charging mascots £700, topping a list of clubs - mostly not the top ones either. Shocked at this and presume Sunderland charge no fee. Bouremouth 'only' charge £185, but with no match ticket!!

'Outrageous' cost to be football mascot

PL charges

West Ham United £700

Leicester City £600

Tottenham Hotspur £405

Wolves £395

Crystal Palace £375

Brighton £350

Burnley £300

Fulham £270

Cardiff City £255

Watford £250

Bournemouth £185

Pretty sure there is a cost at the SoL, think I read on here someone mentioning it a few weeks ago. Not sure what the price is to be honest.

£700 is nothing short of ridiculous, but I can understand why a club would charge a small fee mind.

Pretty sure there is a cost at the SoL, think I read on here someone mentioning it a few weeks ago. Not sure what the price is to be honest.

£700 is nothing short of ridiculous, but I can understand why a club would charge a small fee mind.
They really shouldn't tbh. It's a bairn holding a players hand then watching the match. Should be a treat for a young fan.

I was wondering whether there was a certain honesty to a small fee and have everything out in the open about it - why are nearly all the biggest clubs not charging at all - is it because the spots are swallowed up mostly by corporate favours and real fans don't get a sniff at it? £300 and above is outrageous though.

They shouldn’t charge anything. Football is nothing without fans. Either through attending games or paying for Sky Sports. Clubs should be engaging and encouraging the next generation of fans to their clubs. Charging ridiculous fees or any fee for this could easily push those fans elsewhere.
It’s about time the clubs remember why they exist.

I was mascot a couple of times in the 90s, once at roker park and once at the Hawthornes. Cost nowt, my mam just wrote in. Simpler times

and here you are still ;), cynically it's good marketing but in reality its just how it should be. I presume its different in London and its tourists 'buying' it for their kids who will never be at another game. And 11 mascots per game wtf, its not a world cup final.

If there is a fee to be a SAFC mascot, I think we should all chip in to get someone on this board to be a mascot. It would be funny to see a 6 foot 50 year old walking out holding hands with George Honeyman.

or @rocky with Catts :lol::lol:

Should be free, if a club has a kids club it should be picked out of there or a prize for a kids school going through the local primary schools for every game. It’s shocking clubs charge even more so in the top flight ffs.

We charge but iirc the bairn gets a full kit and hospitality tickets with a parent as well as the usual tour, meet the players etc. Think it is about £150 for us but you effectively get a lot of that back. Enquired about it a few months ago but the bairn is too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back