£265 for a coffee

If i was loaded I would try it, we cannot take anything with us when we pop our clogs so I would make it my mission to eat, drink, smoke, buck the finest things the world has to offer within reason.

Obviously a £ is a £ but the value of a pound isn't the same to someone with too much.

Even if a was a trillionaire, i wouldn't give salt bae (sp?) anything mind.
Thing is it's about quality and cost

No doubt it's good steak but be far better steaks being served for 2-300 quid

It's purely for those who want to post a picture to say look at me

Thing is it's about quality and cost

No doubt it's good steak but be far better steaks being served for 2-300 quid

It's purely for those who want to post a picture to say look at me

Its a moot point for me because i'm always skint. Was in McDonalds yesterday and wanted a water and I was complaining about £1.89 for a small bottle.

But yeah there has to be a quality issue, i would want the best, not necessarily the most expensive

Beans change constantly. So you need to adjust the size of the grind accordingly, otherwise you dont get the best flavour out of them when you brew.

The wrong grind size can utterly ruin good beans.
There must be a lot of trial and error involved then shirley?
I thought the grind depended upon the type of coffee maker (not that I know a lot about it)
All I know is that for home brew for a cafetiere is medium grind and a moka pot its fine grind.

If i was loaded I would try it, we cannot take anything with us when we pop our clogs so I would make it my mission to eat, drink, smoke, buck the finest things the world has to offer within reason.

Obviously a £ is a £ but the value of a pound isn't the same to someone with too much.

Even if a was a trillionaire, i wouldn't give salt bae (sp?) anything mind.

I fully endorse this post.

The fact that your post only has one like (from me) speaks volumes.

Be aimed at rich people with money to burn. I suppose it ain't much different to people who pay hundreds for a whiskey etc mind.

There must be a lot of trial and error involved then shirley?
I thought the grind depended upon the type of coffee maker (not that I know a lot about it)
All I know is that for home brew for a cafetiere is medium grind and a moka pot its fine grind.
Exactly. That's why its called dialling in.
There's guidelines - so as twice the weight out as the grind you put in, extracted in 30 seconds. i.e. 18g in / 36 out in 30s
You grind finer or coarser to change the speed of the output But that's just to get you to the ballpark. You then need to use taste to fine tune.

Depending on how much you want to push it, absolutely right, you will waste a lot of shots.
Or if you're me, I make a change after each coffee for next time, and I drink it regardless. Because I'm a tight northerner!

Different types of brewing will need a different grind as well. The above is all about espresso. For filter type makers (v60, chemex, cleverdripper) you will find the draw down time varies with grind size as will the flavour - changing the grind will vary from acidic to bitter too. So you still have to tweak but its MUCH more forgiving. Something like a cleverdripper is hard to get wrong - highly recommend!

James Hoffman's Cafetiere method on youtube might be good to check out if that's how you make coffee. It wasn't what I expected.

Last edited:

Back