£100 Boots vouchers for parenting classes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Cameron's latest idea....

Mothers and fathers can get these from some branches of Boots from today entitling them to 10 x 2 hour sessions on how to bring their kids up.

The Tories have done a few things recently which have shown how out of touch they are but this takes the biscuit.

Can anyone see any of the people who DO need parenting classes taking up this offer.

Was talking to my mate the other day who said he had to sign a waiver at the school to say they could restrain his child if they went mad and he wouldnt sue them..

thats whats wrong..

when i was growning up and i was a little twat my dad used to give me a clip.. worked perfectly for me.. now you cant do fuck all without some do gooder sticking there oar in.

Was talking to my mate the other day who said he had to sign a waiver at the school to say they could restrain his child if they went mad and he wouldnt sue them..

thats whats wrong..

when i was growning up and i was a little twat my dad used to give me a clip.. worked perfectly for me.. now you cant do fuck all without some do gooder sticking there oar in.

Spot on. All rights and entitlement and no duty or responsibility. Anyone who disciplines their kids is a child abuser in the eyes of the loony left.

thats whats wrong..

It's a combination of that and a load of parents not actually giving a fuck about their kids and how they behave.

Me and the Mrs did NCT classes before our little lad was born, not quite the same I know, but I think the problem is people who want to bring up there kids in the correct manner will go and get the info/support they need regardless of the government. Those that don't bring up there kids in the correct manner won't take up the offer as they couldn't give a fuck.

Parents need to take responsibility for there kids, this includes setting a good example and having a moral code, plus discipline.

Income doesn't dictate how good of a parent you will be.

Me and the Mrs did NCT classes before our little lad was born, not quite the same I know, but I think the problem is people who want to bring up there kids in the correct manner will go and get the info/support they need regardless of the government. Those that don't bring up there kids in the correct manner won't take up the offer as they couldn't give a fuck.

Parents need to take responsibility for there kids, this includes setting a good example and having a moral code, plus discipline.

Agree 100%

One thing that irritates me, is when a child can't read beyond the basics and parents criticise the school for this. What I want to know, is why parents don't also help teach their children to learn.

Pretty much this, the people who would be decent parents without the classes and help are probably the only ones who would participate in such a scheme.

thats whats wrong..

I agree that's out of order but I reckon these classes aren't designed for parents scared to dole out the odd clip when needed - rather the reverse I would have said.

But getting back to the waiver. What on earth happens if he refused to sign it? Little Jonny know he can get away with murder?

Pretty much this, the people who would be decent parents without the classes and help are probably the only ones who would participate in such a scheme.

Probablys.

Income doesn't dictate how good of a parent you will be.

Agree 100%

One thing that irritates me, is when a child can't read beyond the basics and parents criticise the school for this. What I want to know, is why parents don't also help teach their children to learn.

Aye, it's their duty, it's like a contract between the School and the parent where the School is fulfilling their part of the bargain and the scratters are breaking their contract.
Grrrrrr

it started way before that man.

And its across the world, not just here.

To blame labour is a really poor effort.

Back on topic, parenting advise should be part of ante natal imo - captive audience and all that.

Cameron's latest idea....

Mothers and fathers can get these from some branches of Boots from today entitling them to 10 x 2 hour sessions on how to bring their kids up.

The Tories have done a few things recently which have shown how out of touch they are but this takes the biscuit.

Can anyone see any of the people who DO need parenting classes taking up this offer.

And guess what, and the pilot scheme is run by a company called ParentGym a subsidiary of a company run by Octavius Black (a close friend and former Eton colleague of Cameron and a neighbour and friend of Gove). You couldn't make it up (Thor'd from today's Independent)

And guess what, and the pilot scheme is run by a company called ParentGym a subsidiary of a company run by Octavius Black (a close friend and former Eton colleague of Cameron and a neighbour and friend of Gove). You couldn't make it up (Thor'd from today's Independent)

Well I'm not surprised.

And its across the world, not just here.

To blame labour is a really poor effort.

Back on topic, parenting advise should be part of ante natal imo - captive audience and all that.

the problem being you can take a horse to water but you can't make it bring up kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back