Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will only get better. He has all the raw materials, just needs to be crafted a bit. I'm glad Sam has personally taken over the defense, and I believe Yedlin will benefit the most from it.

I'm not totally convinced by him yet anyway.
There were a few times last week when he charged forward and nearly got caught out. Luckily his pace allows him to get back in position most of the time.

he's young and work in progress. let's see what big sam can do to coach him up.

PVA - not sure if he just ran about and did whatever he wanted (regardless of what he was being asked to do) or if he just had no tactical acumen whatsoever and was a complete bag of hammers... either way, the result was shit.

Spurs signed him off the back of a decent World Cup didn't they?

He's 22 and has played about four times in the Prem. Looks decent already

He will only get better. He has all the raw materials, just needs to be crafted a bit. I'm glad Sam has personally taken over the defense, and I believe Yedlin will benefit the most from it.
He's taken over a defence unless he's moved us over the Atlantic...

He's taken over a defence unless he's moved us over the Atlantic...
Sorry for the americanism. My iPhone does most of my spelling for me. I'm just glad you were able to understand what I meant.

Sorry for the americanism. My iPhone does most of my spelling for me. I'm just glad you were able to understand what I meant.
Look at me, I have got an iPhone. Pathetic...

Only kidding mate, get it changed to proper English, not that pidgin shite version you lot use.

Should never dive in

I criticised him for the same thing but he is damn ed if he does or doesn't.

He sold himself but if Mitrovic shoots and he stands there people say he bottled a key challenge. If he blocks it he is a hero for a blood and thunder challenge.

No right way to defend those.

The defending issue is he was left 1 v 1 at the back post with Mitrovic and no CB covering (admittedly it was a lucky deflection)

There's always a chance, Spurs already have Walker, Trippier, Davies & Rose at full back.
Levy will want about £10m though.

They'll ship one out (Trippier for £6m or so) and take him back as back up if he does even half well here. Absolutely zero chance unless he's gash. Probably the only reason they signed Trippier - cover because Yedlin needed games on loan and Walker's injuries.

Spurs are quite good at this. It's the signing quality players for big money they struggle with.

They'll ship one out (Trippier for £6m or so) and take him back as back up if he does even half well here. Absolutely zero chance unless he's gash. Probably the only reason they signed Trippier - cover because Yedlin needed games on loan and Walker's injuries.

Spurs are quite good at this. It's the signing quality players for big money they struggle with.
I would quite happily take trippier off them like!

People seem to be watching a different player to me. He can run up and down well but thats about. He's like PVA with better positional sense.

Pretty much agree, although I don't think his position sense is much better to best honest. I think he just has more of a brain. Still early days mind

He is committed to improving, has always been receptive to being coached up. Works hard. Ideal mentality, just needs some experience, which he is getting that right now, and he will only improve. Only comparison to PVA is speed and position. Yedlin will work his socks off to fit into team scheme

Still don't see a future for him at Spurs, so wouldn't count out a sale for 6-7m. Might take another year on loan first tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back