Wouldn't it be wonderful if our chairman....

We can't afford the wages clarke would require and I believe we are only allowed to increase our wage bill by a certain amount each year under efls financial fair play ( I may be wrong slightly on that)

And wouldn’t it be nice if we could wake up
In the Premier League where we belong
Wouldn’t it be nice?

Decided to pay the likes of Clarke and Pato what other clubs would be prepared to pay them to get us up. We can always hope......
Pointless giving them pay rises if we can’t then afford to bring other players in that are actually needed alongside them to get promoted, but then if we sell Clarke to bring in the players we are short we are getting rid of our 1 consistently creative and scoring force in the hope we buy correctly

Unfortunately there isn’t really an option to keep Clarke, we need him gone so that we can strengthen in other areas. There won’t be any money to do that if he stays. That’s the problem with this model, unless we have 4 or 5 players hitting form at the same time like Clarke has done then it’s unlikely that we get promoted & we will lose our best player/s every season.

Unfortunately there isn’t really an option to keep Clarke, we need him gone so that we can strengthen in other areas. There won’t be any money to do that if he stays. That’s the problem with this model, unless we have 4 or 5 players hitting form at the same time like Clarke has done then it’s unlikely that we get promoted & we will lose our best player/s every season.
Of course there’s an option to keep Clarke, we just won’t. But we all hope that the Clarke & possibly patto, hume, ballard, Neil money will be better spent than the roscoe dosh!

Still think we were terribly unlucky last year with his injury and we would of went up without the Achilles issue

No club in this league should be paying players 50k+ a week.

I don't like Speakman or KLD but Clarke is going to get a PL or top flight move one way or the other, whether we get a fee or he goes for free. We can't pay PL money unless we are taking a massive gamble on going up.

The issue I have is that Speakman can't be trusted to find a decent replacement and KLD doesn't seem to reinvest money from the few we've sold already nevermind spend his own money.

Last edited:
Doesn’t have the kahunas to ask his mummy for help.
Speakman will talk him into selling clarke on the cheap with a hope of some sell ons to pad out the deal. I’ve got a feeling Ballard, Neil and Patto will attract interest from the newly promoted clubs as well. They’ll quadruple their wages and be gone in a moment.

Last edited:
I'm honestly relaxed about patto leaving. Clarke however..
I think I’d sell Patto if it meant keeping others. However his goalkeeper signings give me less confidence than his striker signings. In the very few games Ive seen of bass and bishop they don’t look ready at all

Decided to pay the likes of Clarke and Pato what other clubs would be prepared to pay them to get us up. We can always hope......

Wouldn't it be great if we had an owner that made us competitive while keeping us financially sound unlike Quinn, Short and SD +CM.

Back