Would Simms and Broadhead have meant top 6?

Recent loans - Broadhead, Simms, Amad, Michut,...... Burstow and Styles. I mean, it couldnt be any more obvious they've just given up at this stage now havent they.
We played the "oh we are newly promoted and have no money" card so "can we please have them on loan and only cover 20% of their wages please, please".

That only lasts so long when trying to get quality players in from the premier league.

We played the "oh we are newly promoted and have no money" card so "can we please have them on loan and only cover 20% of their wages please, please".

That only lasts so long when trying to get quality players in from the premier league.
What’s Boro’s excuse then? Almost like you can’t get it right all the time.
You have absolutely no idea.
What’s Pembele on you reckon?

Last edited:
He wasn't shit all. He was clearly a decent forward and had some good parts to his game, but wasn't a complete lone forward as Stewart was.
Absolute donkey. Could neither head the ball or do anything with it at his feet. All he has is strength in a tussle and putting himself about. His only contribution here was giving us a "shape"

No we would have needed more and Simms is so inconsistent I get he’s in a purple patch at the moment but he could just as easily go 7 or 8 without a goal

Absolute donkey. Could neither head the ball or do anything with it at his feet. All he has is strength in a tussle and putting himself about. His only contribution here was giving us a "shape"

Absolute donkey 7 goals in 17 games 😀

14 goals overall (9 in the league) this season after a slow start for a side sitting 4 places above us with a game in hand 😀

Absolute donkey though 😀

Absolute shit summarisation BTW. He wasn't good with his back to goal, but at 22 he had enough to work with, especially compared to any striker we have now.

Last edited:
No broadhead is the same position and not as good as Clarke
Broadhead played a lot more central.
Simms has scored in 6 league games this season and was worth nowhere near what Coventry have/will pay for him.

Not sure why you are mentioning broadhead considering he was on loan in league one, turned us down and left on a permanent last January
So twice as many games as our 4 strikers have scored in, is that right? As for WILL have to pay for him, they’ll only pay that if he’s a success, so it pays for itself.
Alex Neil said publicly. The day before Bristol City, it was all agreed & he was coming back on loan. Simms scored 2, Stewart got one & he said after that weekend he’d decided to go elsewhere. Neil said he thought it was because he was scared he wouldn’t get a lot of game time because if Simm’s emergence
Yet he went to Ipswich where he’s not a guaranteed started? He went there because they made him a better offer, we were after him when he left Wigan for Ipswich
He might have more goals but he’s not worth the transfer fee. He still struggles to control the ball. Seen him on tv numerous times this season and against us and the ball still bounces 10 yards away from him.

We tried to get broadhead summer ‘22 and he turned us down. Rusyn doesn’t come into it
So an initial price of £3m is not worth it for the extra goals. You do know how football works don’t you? We’ve probably paid the equivalent of that, if not more, for 4 non goal scoring forwards.

Last edited:
Broadhead played a lot more central.

So twice as many games as our 4 strikers have scored in, is that right? As for WILL have to pay for him, they’ll only pay that if he’s a success, so it pays for itself.

Yet he went to Ipswich where he’s not a guaranteed started? He went there because they made him a better offer, we were after him when he left Wigan for Ipswich

So an initial price of £3m is not worth it for the extra goals. You do know how football works don’t you? We’ve probably paid the equivalent of that, if not more, for 4 non goal scoring forwards.
No he didn't he played on the left we played Stewart as only central striker and he played 40 odd games

Simms signed for Coventry before we sold Stewart. We couldn't afford a deal that could go up to £8M at the time. Coventry could as they had sold Gykores for £20M.

In hindsight we should have signed Broadhead. Reasonable cheap and he did well when he played in league one. Unfortunately he was plagued with injuries when he was here so that put him in the high risk category. Sod's law is he's been largely injury free at Ipswich.

People who think recruitment and running a football club are easy are 10 a penny. It isn't.

I was delighted when Moyes became our manager. End of story 😂

We had zero chance of signing Doyle anyway. He's not a great defender, canny footballer but a bit of a car crash one on one.
The up to £8m figure is not really relevant as it only kicks if we’re promoted, so then £8m becomes a bargain. You think Doyle is a car crash? Even on loan he’s far better than anyone at the club presently, FFS.
No he didn't he played on the left we played Stewart as only central striker and he played 40 odd games
I said he played more centrally, not through the centre. He certainly didn’t play on the wing.

Last edited:
The up to £8m figure is not really relevant as it only kicks if we’re promoted, so then £8m becomes a bargain. You think Doyle is a car crash? Even on loan he’s far better than anyone at the club presently, FFS.

I said he played more centrally, not through the centre. He certainly didn’t play on the wing.
He did Pritchard mainly played behind the striker he was mainly on the left where he plays for Ipswich mainly

I mean on the surface it just seems so obvious that it would’ve, and that’s what so many of us find so unforgivable about our current predicament.

Can anyone defend the indefensible and say they wouldn’t have lifted us into the playoffs?
They might have , but im not sure they would have made us that good we would have been better than 2/1 to win them .
Then we've got about £10m laid out with little to show if we dont go up and starting next season with two forwards not good enough to shoot us to promotion again.
Financially i think it will have been prudent not to bother but it would have been a far more enjoyable season .

Last edited:
He did Pritchard mainly played behind the striker he was mainly on the left where he plays for Ipswich mainly
So now he played ‘mainly’ on the left? He didn’t play left wing did he? But I’ll give you credit for squeezing the word ‘mainly’ 3 times into one sentence. I certainly wouldn’t swear by it but I’d think that’s a record.

So now he played ‘mainly’ on the left? He didn’t play left wing did he? But I’ll give you credit for squeezing the word ‘mainly’ 3 times into one sentence. I certainly wouldn’t swear by it but I’d think that’s a record.
you might not call it left wing call it left side if it helps you sleep.

Don’t think we were like. Everton took him back, same as they did with Simms at us & sold him. There was nothing to suggest we tried to sign him in January after going to Ipswich in August & Mowbray was on record as saying we were waiting for Simms until the deadline hit.

Recent loans - Broadhead, Simms, Amad, Michut,...... Burstow and Styles. I mean, it couldnt be any more obvious they've just given up at this stage now havent they.
I think it would be more reasonable to say some loans work better than others .
I know Chelsea fans who really rate Burstow and are surprised how badly he’s done.

Doyle is better than Ballard? 😂

I mean on the surface it just seems so obvious that it would’ve, and that’s what so many of us find so unforgivable about our current predicament.

Can anyone defend the indefensible and say they wouldn’t have lifted us into the playoffs?

Yes.

The team is absolutely shite.

If you think two strikers is all we need to compete, I’ve a bridge to sell you.

Not defending the club, but your counterfactual is hyperbolic.

Alex Neil said publicly. The day before Bristol City, it was all agreed & he was coming back on loan. Simms scored 2, Stewart got one & he said after that weekend he’d decided to go elsewhere. Neil said he thought it was because he was scared he wouldn’t get a lot of game time because if Simm’s emergence
Its funny how alex neil is a snake and a chancer unless what he says fits the right narrative.

3 sides to every story.
From what I was told the truth is somewhere in between as it often is. I heard the photo shoot was booked in & shirt printed with his name on for Broadhead's PERMANENT signing but Everton moved the goalposts at the last minute by offering him a new deal which he signed. We were then asked if we'd take a loan instead, we were not happy about it but had no one else lined up so accepted but Wigan already had a loan offer on the table so that was offered to Nathan as well & as it was closer to home & with Simms & Stewart getting off to a flyer he took that option. What Neil said was somewhat true but not the whole story & obviously said with a bit of bitterness because he backed out of a done deal. Fwiw I don't blame the player, it was Everton who pissed us about & I still think the fact he was made available for permanent in January at the same time Everton recalled Simms it was a no brainer to get the deal done ddespiteany feelings about hat had gone on in the summer.
Simms has cost £3m so far and is worth that imo. We spent that combined on Rusyn and Mayenda and I know which is far better value.

Even at £5m, the max fee Coventry will pay if they don't go up while he's there, he's far better value than the money we've shelled out on Rusyn, Mayenda and Hemir combined.
This for me he has his faults but he's a good striker at this level, still young too. His hold up play still needs a lot of work but that's something a lot of cf's only master at their peak. One of the reasons I would develop Jobe as a cf, his hold up play is exceptional considering his age.

Back