Would it be a bad move if

I like wearing different variations of our home kit at home. The red shorts v Hull last season looked cool as. This seasons home shirt with white shorts and black socks would look unreal

Over the years Southampton have had some of the most awful creations when they went away from the stripes, truly awful.
Let’s not do that.

I feel that Palace lost their identity by having such radical strip changes in a short period.

We need more stripes and less white, that’s all.
I would say Palace haven't lost their identity, their fans are amongst the best in the Premier League. Some teams just like a change.

We are a community club of c150 years history, the 6th most successful club of all time.
One of the biggest supported clubs in England. Probably the biggest crowd to success ratio in the UK.

We have our pride, our heritage and our identity, to which the red and white stripes are core.

We are a not some marketeer’s toy to play with, working with the idea we need to modernise our image and appeal, that we need to be cooler.

That is the short cut way to lose your identity to lose what you stand for.

Anyone who was around for the pin stripes in the 80s will recognise what I say. Personally I think the strip of a few years ago was nearly as bad, but at least it was still Sunderland red and white stripes.

Change the colour of the collars, the socks etc but we must be red and white strips … it defines us
Spot on especially about the 80's strip and that mess of a few years ago. If you want to be radical stop putting so many sponsors logo's on the shirt so we can really appreciate the red and white stripes. Mind I was brought up on white shorts (until I think Stokoe changed them back to black) so I always like seeing us wear them

I would say Palace haven't lost their identity, their fans are amongst the best in the Premier League. Some teams just like a change.
Don’t get kidded by the Palace ultra rubbish. That’s about 100 idiots.
If you know your football, Palace had very nice claret, blue and white strips. Since then they’ve been Barca !! I couldn’t even tell you what the current Palace strip is …

just maybe one season the home kit isn't stripes? Take a look at Southampton's home kits through the past years, it's different every year and I don't think their fans mind to see a change in design each season.
I thought that the day I started supporting Sunderland’78….I am personally a solid colour guy but lived to learn the red and white stripes….

Back