Will we ever not be in a relegation battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Premier League is fiercely competitive. More so than ever.

There's practically three leagues within the Prem itself. The top 5/6. Mid-table Obscurity, and the relegation dog-fight.
The latter two are quite interchangeable, but there will always be teams who sit in both.

Relegation battle after 8 games :lol:

Why can't you think for yourselves, rather than listening to the hangers on in the media, who are talking about the league table after a couple of matches!

I'm quite optimistic we won't be in a scrap this year.

I can't see QPR or Burnley managing to get out of the bottom 2, which leaves 1 spot. We are better than Leicester, Palace & WBA and on par with Stoke & Villa IMO. I'm deliberately not mentioning the other team currently 1 point below us.

I'm going for a 12th-14th placed finish.

Only once back in he championship will we not be in a relegation battle every year

or if a new owner takes us over and changes the way we are currently ran

I'm quite optimistic we won't be in a scrap this year.

I can't see QPR or Burnley managing to get out of the bottom 2, which leaves 1 spot. We are better than Leicester, Palace & WBA and on par with Stoke & Villa IMO. I'm deliberately not mentioning the other team currently 1 point below us.

I'm going for a 12th-14th placed finish.
No need marra, we all know where they are! Lurking like a turd that won't flush,just when you think it's gone out it pops again:lol:

Its getting harder to stay up like, even shitters like Stoke, Swansea and Southampton have better teams than us. Maybes we're just shit. I thinks we enjoy a good promotion run better
just show its often not all about money (although it helps) but often good management running through the club.

After we are sold to rich investors, we will flout the ffp rules, invest in a man city esque manner, and f***ing tear the league to bits.

Premier league champions, and the wait was all worth while. Make it happen Ellis.

What will it take for us to progress to a 45-55 point team who are safe by the end of march?

In my opinion it seems we never actually learn from previous mistakes...for example any of us can tell that we needed more pace, strength and a 12-15 goal a season striker to be added in the summer.

The last 2-3 seasons have been horrible, spending more time relying on other teams getting beat to keep us up.

You just have to look at the 8 seasons we have been in the premier league, and the amount of times we have got less than 40 points ! ,,,in the nineties, that would of seen us relegated, dont think we will get into the top half anytime soon, bottom 10 are in relegation battle most of season, just takes 2-3 defeats on the bounce.

What will it take for us to progress to a 45-55 point team who are safe by the end of march?
We will need to learn to keep hold of the ball better - even in the two games we have won this season, Birmingham had 61% possession and Stoke had 60% - those are shocking stats and though we won those games, not having the ball means we are always more likely to concede goals.

The other option is to play a truly counterattacking style, but you need fast, confident players who'll run at the opposition to do that, and we have few that are willing, able and quick - well, none really! We tried it under MON and it worked for a little while, until teams sussed out McClean and that was that.

Sometimes a small part of me thinks I'd quite enjoy a season in the championship just so I could go to matches expecting wins and have targets for the season that was positive (promotion) rather than negative (avoiding relegation). Then I remember I'd have to watch the football league show and I forget all about everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back