Will Still (managerial suggestion)

Cooper would definitely give us a chance. I think his reputation of working with young players and his style of football would also give him the credibility that is needed to get the supporters on board immediately.
There are other potential candidates currently of course and others will emerge as the current season draws to a close.
I really think that our club needs an experienced, credible and established Head Coach who :
- is able to persuade the board that money needs to be spent next on experienced footballers to balance what we already have.
- has an influential role in the next phase of player recruitment.
- has relevant and recent successful experience in English football
- is not coming here after being sacked from his last job and merely to do as he is told by KS.
- is not coming here to use us as a stepping stone
- will play entertaining,attacking football
Great write up mate👍. I don’t see how Will Still is a better option than Steve Cooper it’s genuinely beyond me. Yet again we are getting caught up because he is foreign or and very young! Steve Cooper is in my humble opinion by far a better fit for the reasons you have highlighted so well.

I don’t see how Will Still is a better option than Steve Cooper it’s genuinely beyond me.
💰💰💰Cooper would want far more than Still I suspect.

Still also fits the extreme parameters of the model. It’s like they’re conducting a bizarre experiment.

Set the record for the youngest team in the championship ✅

Appoint a hipster manager without experience and is young enough to still be a player (although not in the crèche squad that we’ve become) ✅

See if it’s possible to get promoted without a striker or any experience in the squad ✅

Why have you posted this?

You said Sunderland outspent any club he’s ever managed, you were shown proof they outspent us significantly this season. You then start bleating on about squads and injuries.

Just admit you were wrong and stop continuously going on about finances, it’s so tiresome it’s unreal man.

Why should he be better when Speakmann and KlD WANT HIM, He must bea yes man, cheap, and iike the abject failure of a The plan. Cheap poor players are what they are.a massive no .If he he doesn’t have Bill Shankley’s philosophy then he wiutiately fai Football is such a simple gae.
I'd be happy with a 40% win ratio in the top league.

Why have you posted this?

You said Sunderland outspent any club he’s ever managed, you were shown proof they outspent us significantly this season. You then start bleating on about squads and injuries.

Just admit you were wrong and stop continuously going on about finances, it’s so tiresome it’s unreal man.
did they outspend? they spent nothing in janaury..
they sold anyone to spend the £10mn or so?

did they outspend? they spent nothing in janaury..
they sold anyone to spend the £10mn or so?
Yes they outspent us.

They signed Nakamura for €12m, for Khadra (who we were once linked with) for ~€1.9m and Teuma for €3.6m.

~€17.5m in total of expenditure with just them

They outspent us this season

Last edited:

Back