who should play right back on sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just continually criticise the club for not throwing more and more cash on players? Have you not learnt from our 7 or so years in the league that it isn't just about that. We have spent an absolute fortune at times, and still been bottom half.

I criticise the decision making which is badly flawed. As an example we enquired for two players in recent windows....McCarthy and Diame and pulled out of both due to cost implications. We then signed two CM's subsequently...Bridcutt and Rodwell for more money.....I'm sure most of us would rather have McCarthy and Diame in the team than the two we signed....neither of whom started on Saturday......and it's been like this for a long time.

I criticise the decision making which is badly flawed. As an example we enquired for two players in recent windows....McCarthy and Diame and pulled out of both due to cost implications. We then signed two CM's subsequently...Bridcutt and Rodwell for more money.....I'm sure most of us would rather have McCarthy and Diame in the team than the two we signed....neither of whom started on Saturday......and it's been like this for a long time.

I agree it is decision making, but you said we were a "cheapskate club", which is not true

we just continually sign the wrong players.

I agree it is decision making, but you said we were a "cheapskate club", which is not true

we just continually sign the wrong players.

If the flawed decision making is based on unrealistic budgets and valuations then I think it's fair to use the term cheapskate. It's as simple as looking at what a player brings to the table and if he improves the team sufficiently the club should do their best to make the deal happen. What's better.....Diame on a free but £3m/year in wages or Bridcutt for £4m plus £1.5m/ year in wages...... McCarthy for £12m and now worth £15m+ or Rodwell for £10m and sitting on the bench.

He should have used his left foot but didnt feel composed or confident enough to do it. He had a mare against Arsenal aswell on his debut. Some others spring to mind but I won't bother since you probably won't remember
Aye don't bother. I've read enough of your posts to realise you are clueless.

He should have used his left foot but didnt feel composed or confident enough to do it. He had a mare against Arsenal aswell on his debut. Some others spring to mind but I won't bother since you probably won't remember
That's nonsense. Vergini nearly always checks back onto his left to trick the opposing left midfielder, he's comfortable enough on his left to do that lame trick regularly.

He had a mare against Arsenal last February. That's it, you've convinced me, get rid. Jesus wept man :rolleyes:

If the flawed decision making is based on unrealistic budgets and valuations then I think it's fair to use the term cheapskate. It's as simple as looking at what a player brings to the table and if he improves the team sufficiently the club should do their best to make the deal happen. What's better.....Diame on a free but £3m/year in wages or Bridcutt for £4m plus £1.5m/ year in wages...... McCarthy for £12m and now worth £15m+ or Rodwell for £10m and sitting on the bench.

What was Diame asking for though? If he would have been our top earner than we would of had to say now or it upsets the apple cart. We are being ran more carefully now because we have overspent massively since we came back up and haven't progressed as well as we should have. I can see what you are saying about Rodwell and McCarthy but they went at different times and we had different people making the decisions

Who would you have spent the Rodwell money on in the summer?

What was Diame asking for though? If he would have been our top earner than we would of had to say now or it upsets the apple cart. We are being ran more carefully now because we have overspent massively since we came back up and haven't progressed as well as we should have. I can see what you are saying about Rodwell and McCarthy but they went at different times and we had different people making the decisions

Who would you have spent the Rodwell money on in the summer?
As I say the wrong decisions all the time.....wrong managers, wrong DOF's and wrong players....all signed with one eye on the cost and then sacked (in the case of the managers) or released/sold at a loss in the case of the players. That's why the club has lost money....compensation and write downs. Eventually we'll pay the price with our PL status and those half millions saved here and there will be put well and truly into perspective.

Forget Bridcutt, you can't include, that him and Buckley were Poyet's men, he always wanted them, which I totally disagree with.

I agree with regards to diame, and I was one of a few to question the Rodwell signing, everybody says "he's young, and English", I couldn't give a shit about that, can he perform for us, and he is nowhere near winning games for us currently.

I agree we are making mistakes, and still spending too much on the wrong players, but it is very harsh to say we are a cheapskate club. Lots of team are trying to get into FFP regulations, there are not many players spending big sums, look at Stoke, a team with stability that I would love, haven't spent big since Hughes came, just trying to make sensible signings.

So we aren't the only ones doing it, we are just signing the wrong players, the likes of Gomez was a poor signing IMO

Forget Bridcutt, you can't include, that him and Buckley were Poyet's men, he always wanted them, which I totally disagree with.

I agree with regards to diame, and I was one of a few to question the Rodwell signing, everybody says "he's young, and English", I couldn't give a shit about that, can he perform for us, and he is nowhere near winning games for us currently.

I agree we are making mistakes, and still spending too much on the wrong players, but it is very harsh to say we are a cheapskate club. Lots of team are trying to get into FFP regulations, there are not many players spending big sums, look at Stoke, a team with stability that I would love, haven't spent big since Hughes came, just trying to make sensible signings.

So we aren't the only ones doing it, we are just signing the wrong players, the likes of Gomez was a poor signing IMO

What I'm saying though is that we buy players to fit a budget rather than looking at each individual case on its merits and I don't buy this crap about unsettling the dressing room....all clubs have disparities in player's salary levels. West Ham will have had the services of Diame for next to nowt over the course of his time there as there was no fee to buy and they sold him to Hull. We bring Bosmans in but they have to be Bosmans who are cheap to hire.......sometimes there's a reason why a player is without a club and we get very little productive service from them.....yes they're cheap but they're cheap and nasty.....think about the first three signings we made last season.....turned out to be total liabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back