Where would you like us to realistically finish next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK-421

Winger
This has probably already been done recently so I apologise, but what do you think is reasonable for us next season where its likely we'll just be looking to have a steady (scare-free) season to stabilise under Big Sam.
I think 13th and I've written about this minute hope for a new website, here:-

http://alloutfootball.co.uk/annual-sunderland-relegation-escape/

I know there's an awful spelling/grammar mistake, so I apologise for that if you do read it.

Anyway, where do you think it is realistic for us to finish (with or without new signings)?

This has probably already been done recently so I apologise, but what do you think is reasonable for us next season where its likely we'll just be looking to have a steady (scare-free) season to stabilise under Big Sam.
I think 13th and I've written about this minute hope for a new website, here:-

http://alloutfootball.co.uk/annual-sunderland-relegation-escape/

I know there's an awful spelling/grammar mistake, so I apologise for that if you do read it.

Anyway, where do you think it is realistic for us to finish (with or without new signings)?
Wherever 50 points would have us finish will do me.

Leicester openly said last season they had champions league ambition.

I'm not saying we'll follow suit but why not set our ambitions higher? If we lose out it's no big deal as surely it's better than settling for mere survival.

Top half finish for me with an outside chance for europe.

mtm and a dcr would be ideal imo mate. it's the minimum supporters of an established premier league (10 consecutive seasons there) club can expect

Anywhere between 16th and 10th for most of the season would be a great change. A lot depends on how much other teams strengthen as well, given the upcoming influx of cash, and the fact there will probably be a lot of changes at Man U, City, Liverpool and Chelsea both in and out. I think there will be a lot of transfers this summer - hope we look good enough once the dust settles. With no changes anywhere, I expect we will end up around 14th.

Be ambitious. Leicester were. Ok maybe we might not do exactly the same, but they've broken the mould - it is NOT true that 'only the usual rich clubs' can finish high.

Don't limit your ambition. Top 8 and a Cup Final at least. Why not?

Last edited:
Be ambitious. Leicester were. Ok maybe we might not do exactly the same, but they've broken the mould - it is NOT true that 'only the usual rich clubs' can finish high.

Don't limit your ambition. Top 8 and a Cup Final at least. Why not?

Aye right so that'll be 4th off bottom again then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back